It’s a really yummy and super delicious dish that made from potato.
As we know that we’re often find many variation serve of potatoes such as French fries, chips and any more. Potato cake may refer to different preparation of potatoes. In England, the term can be refer to patty of hashed potatoes, and kind of has brown. This dish are available pre-made and frozen in supermarkets and are also served by many restaurants, such as fast food stands, it’s often part of breakfast menu. Easy presentation and nutritional value that contain in this dish make this cake fit to be served whenever and wherever you want, whether for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Potato cakes are typically made with a patty form and fried in hot oil on a pan or skillet and served while they still warm. To make this cake, you’ll only need the leftover potatoes and some spices such as pepper and salt. And also you will need one large egg and the green union or chives if you like. Then in a medium bowl, just mix all the ingredients together until they combined well, then go on and fry them in heated skillet until they lightly browned. Place them in a paper-towel-lined plate and serve it while they’re still warm.
Ingredients of How to Make Leftover Mashed and Fried Potato Cake:
- 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 of cup plain flour
- 1 of large egg
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons of diced onion (optional)
Instructions of How to Make Leftover Mashed and Fried Potato Cake:
1. First of all you can start by whisking together the mashed potato and the eggs in a medium bowl and make sure that you whisk it well until they combined well. Then, add the flour and onion (if you’re using that) and again mix it up using your fork and make sure that the flour is disappeared and the batter is mixed well.
2. Pour the oil into a large skillet to coat the bottom and heat it over medium heat. Before you fry the potato mixture, make sure that you first prepare a plate that line with paper towel or tissue to put the fried potato and drain it before serving.
3. Working in batches, get 1 scoopfuls of the potato mixture and place it in the hot oil on your skillet, just be careful when you do this step, ‘cause you don’t want to put yourself in danger.
4. Grease the back of the spoon with the oil and mash the potato mixture to leveling the surface to about 1/4 inch thick. (Greasing the back of the spoon with some oil is to prevent the potatoes from sticking to it). Go on and continue adding spoonfuls of the mixture to the heat oil on you skillet, make sure that you leave enough space so they won’t be sticking to each other.
5. Next, fry the potato cakes until they are lightly browned on the bottom for about 3 to 5 minutes. Then, flip them until lightly brown on the other side, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Once, your potato cake is done, remove the potato cake from the heat and place them on the paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Keep the potato cake warm while you go on frying the remaining potato mixture. Next, after all the potato mixture fried well you can serve it, it would be better when you serve it warm.
Share this special cake recipe with your friends and family and let me know what you think on the comment box below!