Perhaps not everyone knows what Rhubarb is.
Rhubarb is a kind of or taro, a plant that has poisonous leaves, but the stems can be used as food ingredients and very tasty, especially for a pudding mix. As quoted from e-How, Rhubarb contains 95 percent of water and they are so easily and quickly cooked. The most basic method is to remove the leaves and stalks are cut them into pieces and put into a pan with a few tablespoons of water. Cook it for about ten minutes let it boil until the rhubarb becomes mush and then reduce the heat. To add flavor, mix the spices that you like. This rhubarb can be also combined with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. You can also mix with whipped Cream and Rhubarb martini glass. The trick is just add one liter of water to the rhubarb, shake it quickly using the arm or blender then pour into a colander. And this pink fluid called Rhubarb juice.
And today we are going to bring something new and very unique to our rhubarb. We’re making a rhubarb cake, it’s very nice, very yummy and very delicious dessert that you can enjoyed with your friends, family or whoever you want to. The best thing to describe this special cake is when you are enjoying this cake either with a cup of tea or coffee. It’s might make you think that it’s kind of feel like you’re just mixing the batter for whole time, but this is what make this cake an airy lift and make the texture even better. This is super easy and super simple cake to make, so for those of you who are impatiently wait to enjoy the great taste of each cut of this cake, why not to try to make this at home?
Let me tell you a little review how to make this rhubarb dessert, all you need to do to make this cake is started by chopping the rhubarb and place them in a bowl and go on to grease the pan so the cake wouldn’t be stick to your pan and make it easy to release. Then add some sugar and tap t just to make sure that the sugar stick to your pan. And go on to make the batter, in a food processor pour the almonds, flour, baking powder along with salt and just process it until all ingredients are mixed together and the almonds turns to almond flour.
Next, pour the sugar, butter, vanilla bean, eggs into a bowl mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat it until all the ingredients turns fluffy, nice and smooth texture. Once you get the nice consistency of your batter, pour the almonds mixture into the batter and beat them again over low to medium speed and then add the yogurt, beat them again until all the ingredients are mixed together well. Once you have done, turn off the mixer and place the chopped rhubarb on the batter and gently fold them together until they are well combined. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake it until the cake is cooked well. Remove it from the oven let it cool and you are ready to serve it with any frosting you like.
Ingredients of How to Make Simple, Easy and Moist Rhubarb Cake:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (plus more for pan)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (plus more for pan)
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
Instructions of How to Make Simple, Easy and Moist Rhubarb Cake:
- First of all, you can start the first step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a rectangle tart pan with butter and sprinkle it with sugar, tapping out excess. If you don’t have a tart pan, don’t worry you can also use the regular pan or baking dish.
- Next, we are going to make the chopped rhubarb first. Slice rhubarb in half lengthwise and set 8 of the pieces aside. We’re going to place these pieces for the top of the cake, chop the rest of the rhubarb into 1/2 pieces.
- Then in a food processor, place the almonds, baking powder and salt and process them just until they are finely ground and the texture becomes sandy.
- Once you have done with the almond mixture. Now, it is time to make the cake batter. Place the sugar, butter and vanilla bean (or you can also use the vanilla extract just to make the step a lot easier if you found hard to get the vanilla bean) also with the eggs into a bowl mixer in electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment and beat them over high speed just until they are turn to light, smooth and fluffy texture for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the dry ingredients or almonds mixture into the batter and beat them again over low to medium speed just until they are combined well. Add the yogurt beat it again.
- And add the chopped rhubarb using a spatula or a wooden spoon gently fold them together until all mixed well.
- Now, it is time to you to pour the batter into a prepared pan. Smooth the top with a spatula and place the remaining rhubarb all over the top of the batter and bake it to the preheated oven for about 70-80 minutes or until the cake turns golden browned.
Once your cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let the cake cools in the pan. Before serving, you can also add the frosting on the top of the cake such as whipped cream, cream cheese, melted chocolate, chocolate shaving or any other frosting you like just feel free to combined and mix and match anything you like. And you can cut the can into a small square and serve them on the serving plate.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with your friends and family and leave your comments on the section comment below!