A rum cake is a type of cake which contains rum.
The cake is commonly make with dried fruits that soaked in rum for couple months and the added to dough prepared with caramelize sugar. And the result of the cake is almost similar to a fruitcake, with lighter texture.
This rum cake is so delicious especially when you serve this with some frosting all over the top of the cake such as chocolate glaze, chocolate chips, cream cheese or whipped cream. And you can also add some garnish to make the cake look even prettier.
We might often sees that the cake always available in the cafe or cake store and you can just always buy them whenever you want to eat them. But, what if the desired of wanting the cake comes in unpredictable moments, like midnight or maybe like you’re too lazy to go out just to buy this cake. But don’t worry, in the recipe that we are going to explain today, you will be able to make the homemade and easy banana rum bundt cake from scratch. This is the super simple and super easy cake to make and all the ingredients used are seem familiar for you so you don’t have to hardly search it. And believe me, you will be able to make it so quick.
The cake is so good, so yummy and so nice, the moist, dense and great texture of the cake is uncomparable. As I said above that the original cake is made with the dried fruits that soaked in rum. But I’m going to break a traditional recipe with my own way, but trust me the taste and the texture is till divine. I’m not gonna soak the dried fruit in rum for months cause I know that’s going to take so much time and I’m impatiently to show you how easy and quick this recipe is. So, waiting for months? I think that is not a great idea. Instead I will just make my cake as the general cake and I’m not gonna use the dried fruit because the cake is the taste of the cake is still good when the dried fruits is removed, then I’m just going to soak the cake with my rum liquid-mixture. It is going to be so fun, so easy and so nice. And also I’m going to make this cake in bundt pan but of you don’t have the bundt pan, don’t worry you can just use the regular pan such as square pan, round pan or tart pan.
But, before that, let me tell you a little review of how to make this cake. First, all the thing you may have to do is just cream together butter and sugar in a bowl of your electric or stand mixer, then add the eggs along with vanilla extract and banana liqueur and beat them until everything is well combined.
Next, in different mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredient such as flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and pour it into the egg mixture and add the whipping cream alternately. And keep beat the batter just until everything is mixed well and you get the smooth and nice consistency of your batter.
Once you have done, time to pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and then bake it to the preheated oven just until the cake is ready to be removed. After you have your cake cooked well, let the cake cool completely in the pan then make some holes with a toothpick on the cake. Once you have done, go on and make the rum liquid. In a medium saucepan place together the sugar, banana liqueur, butter and the dark rum then bring it to boil. Transfer the rum liquid to a measuring cup or a cup then let it cool. Once it is cool, pour it all over the top of the cake to soak the cake. And you are ready to serve your cake.
Ingredients of How to Make Homemade and Easy Banana Rum Bundt Cake from Scratch:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- A small pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Sugar powder
- Rum syrup
Instructions of How to Make Homemade and Easy Banana Rum Bundt Cake from Scratch:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven. Then grease a 10 inch bund pan with butter and dust with flour or you can also use the non-stick cooking spray and just spry the bundt pan easily.
- Next, in a bowl of your stand mixer or electric mixer cream together butter and granulated sugar just until all is mixed well.
- Then, in a small bowl, place the grated lemon rind and with your mixer running add the eggs to the butter-mixture then add the grated lemon along with the dark rum and banana liqueur.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredient such as flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk it together until all well combined.
- Alternately, add the mixed dry ingredient and whipping cream and keep beating it until everything is well combined.
- Once you have done, now you can turn off your mixer and transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top of the batter using a spatula or smooth and bake it to the preheated oven for about 55-60 minutes or until the cake is cooked well. You can test whether the cake cooked or not by inserting a toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean and the cake springs back when you press it slightly.
- While baking the cake, go on and make the rum liquid. In a medium saucepan place the butter wait until the butter melted than add sugar, banana liqueur and dark room and bring it to boil. And let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once you cake is done, remove it from the oven and let the cake cools completely. After that, make some holes on the cake using the toothpick and soak the cake with the rum liquid.
Finally you can serve the cake plainly or instead you can also add some frosting on the top of the cake such as melted chocolate, cream cheese, whipped cream or maybe you may want to dust the top with powdered sugar like I did right now.
Share this special cake recipe with your family and friend and let me know what you think on the comments section below!