A fig walnut cake is the nice and yummy cake that dust or frost with a nice topping or a simple dust with powdered sugar.
With the flavor of sweet cake and the crunchy walnut it makes the cake has a nice and lovely taste. The walnut cake was invented by Jean Anderson, she tells us in her book ‘The American Century Cookbook’ the recipes for the cake began to appear in the 1920s, and it was became so popular in the 1930s that it was used to make tea sandwiches. In fact, these tea sandwiches are so delicious and you may want to try them. Beside walnuts has many benefit health that are really good for you body. (You might also like: Honey Bun Cake From Scratch)
If your hobby is snacking nuts, make sure that walnut be one of your choices. Researchers found that a handful of walnuts have antioxidant two times more than other types of nuts. The nutritional value of walnuts touted exceed than peanut, almonds, pecans, and pistachios.
The beans are often referred to as a healthy snack. Eating a handful of nuts every day can improve a variety of health conditions from lowering cholesterol, protect against heart disease, high blood pressure, and prevent diabetes, increase fertility, to prevent dementia.
Walnut also shows the quality and the potential for better. Moreover, most beans can be eaten raw, making it a healthier choice. “The heat of baked beans generally reduces the quality of the antioxidants. People are usually eaten raw walnuts, roasted or not, and they get the full effectiveness antioxidant,”
And today we’re going to make the walnut cake mixed with the fig cake. Fig cake is a biscuit that filled with fig paste. The reason I love to combine this fig cake with the batter of walnut cake that I’m going to make is the texture of the fig cake will bring a different taste and different sensation to your mouth when you eat them. Not only the moistness from the cake but also you will get the chewy from the fig. I would like to cut the fig cake into small pieces and soak them in the hot tea before I mix to the cake batter. So before making the batter, make sure that you have prepared the hot tea first.
This fig walnut cake recipe is extremely simple cake to make. Not only this cake smells like heaven but it tastes like it too. The cake is super moist, super flavorful and the sweetness of the figs and the crunchiness of the walnuts take me back to my childhood when my mom and my grandmother used to serve this. And guess what, I cannot wait to make this special and simple cake and share it with you all. All you need to do to make this fig walnut cake is just make the dry ingredient first, so in a large mixing bowl place together flour, baking powder, salt and spices. For the spices here I’m using ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and a little bit of ground nutmeg. But if you’re the one who doesn’t really like with one of the spices I use here, you can just remove it or you can also adjust the amount of the spices to your own personal taste. And use a spoon whisk it together.
Once you have done, go ahead and make the wet ingredient, in a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Once you have done add the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and the dry ingredients one at a time and beat them after each additions. Once you have done with the batter, now chopped the walnut and pour it to the batter along with the soaked figs and gently fold them together. After that, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it to the oven until the cake is cooked well. Once it is cooked, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool to room temperature. You can just eat and serve the cake nice plain or you can do the step I did, dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Moist And Homemade Fig Walnut Cake:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 large eggs
- 10 large dried figs
- 1 tea bag
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Moist And Homemade Fig Walnut Cake:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven and press the “Start” button to set the heat. Then grease the bottom of rounded pan with butter and line it with parchment paper and grease it again.
- Once you have done with the oven and pan, you can go ahead and chopped the figs or cut them into small pieces and soak them in hot tea.
- Get the prepared walnut, place them on the counter and chopped them.
- Next, go on and make the dry ingredient first before making the wet ingredient. In a large mixing bowl, place together flour, baking powder, pinch of salt and spices. And mix them well until everything is well combined.
- Once you have done, now go ahead and make the wet ingredients. In another mixing bowl, mix together sugar and butter for about two minutes just until light and fluffy. Then add brown sugar, mix it. Add one egg, mix it. A little bit of dry ingredient mixture, mix it. Add vanilla extract, mix it. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and egg and mix it until all combined well.
- After the batter is mixed well, pour the figs and chopped walnut to the batter and gently fold them together just until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula then bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until you insert the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature before serving.
I would like to dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar just to make it look prettier. And you can do the same way I did, or either you can add another frosting like whipped cream or cream cheese.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with friends and family and let me know what you think on the comment section below!