The homey and old fashioned gingerbread is the moist and soft cake that everyone loves. According to history, the cake was invented by the Greeks around 2800 B.C.
At first gingerbread was made with breadcrumbs and sweetened with the natural sweeteners honey, but as it made its way throughout the world it was adapted to make the tastes of different cultures. That is also the reason that if you try the gingerbread in county, other than your own, you may find that the taste of the cake is not look or taste as you expected. It can be bread, spicy sweet cake shaped or molded cookie that can range from light colored with just a touch of spice to dark colored and very spicy.
In North America and England, we love to make our gingerbread with either molasses instead of the fresh honey. The British favor treacle which has much darker color than the lighter tasting and milder colored molasses and stronger taste that we love in America. It seems to me that Americans gingerbreads are more general to gingerbread cookies than cake but this is a same as the moist and smell of gingerbread cake is really nice, smooth and perfect dessert for fall and winter. It makes you feel warmer during the cold weather and that makes you absolutely feel better. It’s the ground ginger that’s always presents the taste and make it tasty. (you might also like: spiderman happy birthday cake)
The recipe is also very adaptable, it’s contains the lemon zest but if you having trouble of finding the lemon you can just change it with the orange. The toasted nuts and the fresh ginger could be also added to the cake batter just to make the cake has a different texture, or even the crystallized could be added too.
Since the cake recipe is really adaptable so you can freely pick which cake method you want to pick, either you want to add more spices or you just want to add the spice without adding the fresh ginger or any other fresh spices. And today I would like to make my simple and old fashioned gingerbread without adding the fresh spice, but the taste still divine. And the great thing about the cake is that you can customize them as you like, you can just serve the cake plainly or you may want to add some frosting over the top of the cake. Such as add the vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, cream cheese or dust it with sugar powder. Best thing to serve the cake is accompanied with a cup of tea or coffee. This cake is suitable served during Christmas or they are also suitable dishes made for kids as the kids love the sweet and yummy food. If you want to serve this to the kids you can just add the nice and cute decoration such as adding the colorful frosting or add the candy to make the cake look even prettier.
As you make the cake, the step to make gingerbread is very similar like you make the cake in general. All you need to do is just cream together the sugar and butter in the stand mixer over the medium high just until light and fluffy. Then add the egg and molasses combine it until well blended and set the bowl aside. In another mixing bowl sift the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt and mix them until all combined. Then add the dry ingredients into the batter and add water them beat them until everything is well combined.
Once you have done with the batter, it is time to pour the batter into the pan and bake it to the oven until cooked well. After the cake is cooked completely, remove it from the oven, let it cool and you are ready to serve it.
Preparation : minutes
Cooking : minutes
Total Time : minutes
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Moist and Delicious Gingerbread Loaf Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup hot water
Instructions of How to Make Easy Moist and Delicious Gingerbread Loaf Cake:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, place the rack to the center of the oven and don’t forget to press the “Start” button to set the heat.
- Next, grease a 9-inch of square pans using butter and dust it with flour or you can just spray it with a non-stick cooking spray all the way to the bottom and sides of the pan.
- In a large bowl of your electric mixer or stand mixer that fitted with paddle attachment, whisk together butter and sugar just until they are fluffy and light for about 3 minutes.
- Then beat the egg and mix the molasses and beat them again until everything is well combined.
- In separate mixing bowl, sift the flour along with the, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and also with the salt then mix it well.
- Now, add these dry ingredients into the cake batter and again beat them well over the low to medium speed just until everything is well blended.
- Once you have done with the batter, now is the time to pour the batter into the prepared pan. Pour the batter evenly and bake it in the preheated oven for about an hour or until you inserted the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- After the cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and lace it on the wire rack to help the cake cools faster.
Once your cake is cooled to room temperature you can cut your cake into a small square-shape and either you enjoy the cake plain you can also add some frosting over the top of the cake.
If you like this cake recipe, don’t forget to share it and leave your comment below!