The air fryer provides great convenience, so you can cook quickly. Over time, the crumbs and grease may get built up which makes it need to get cleaned immediately.
Check out the tutorial on how to clean air fryer below for your reference.
How to Clean Air Fryer
Prepare these supplies:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Paper towels
- Microfiber cloth or sponge
- Paper towels
- Gentle cleaning brush
- Dry cloth
- Wet wipes
Follow these steps:
Unplug and cool it off
Before you get into the cleaning steps, make sure that you have unplugged and disconnected everything. If you just used your air-fryer, you have to let it cool for around 30 minutes, never clean your air-fryer when it’s still hot.
Clean loose debris
There may be some crumbs and debris in your air fryer, and you need to clean them up first. Use a paper towel or dry cloth to remove and dump any loose debris into the trash.
Wash the removable parts
Once you are sure that the loose crumbs are removed, you can start ‘washing’ your air fryer. Here’s what you can do:
- Mix dish soap and warm water.
- Detach the removable basket and pan of your air fryer.
- Soak the parts in the cleaning solution for around 10 minutes.
- Scrub the parts gently by using a sponge or microfiber cloth. Don’t give too much pressure as you may remove the non-sticking coat.
If after you have soaked and scrubbed the parts of the air fryer but the grease still persists, you can further clean them. Just follow the steps below:
- Mix the baking soda and water until you get a paste consistency.
- Apply the baking soda paste to the surface of the basket and pan.
- Scrub the stains with a non-abrasive brush gently.
Wipe the interior
Most of the parts of your air-fryer are not removable but still need to get cleaned properly since there can be a lot of debris there. Here’s what you can do:
- Dip a clean cloth in the water until it gets damped then wipe the interior of your air fryer.
- After you have cleaned the debris, dry up with another clean cloth.
(Read also: How to Clean Velvet Sofa in 5 Quick Steps)
Clean the heating element
The heating element of your air-fryer is generally located in the bottom part of it. You also have to clean this area. Here’s what you can do:
- Position your air fryer upside down and find the heating element.
- Dip a sponge or cloth in the water then wipe the heating element if it looks dirty.
- Dry it up completely.
Wipe the exterior
The exterior of your air-fryer might not really look dirty, but don’t skip it. You can use wet wipes to get the job done. Wet wipes are good since they are not really wet, so it won’t be dangerous for the cable.
Finish the step
Once your air fryer looks nice and clean, wipe any excess moisture until it’s completely dry. Reassemble all the parts properly.