Zucchini is a vegetable similar to the eggplant.
At first glance it may looks similar to vegetable green cucumber. To be able to eat the zucchini, it should be cooked first, either it’s baked or even made as a soup. Getting these vegetables are rather difficult, this vegetable are usually available in the supermarket. However, this vegetable has many benefits as well. They are low in calories, good fortune heart, and rich in antioxidants. This vegetable comes from Japan. Zucchini has about 295 milligrams of potassium per day. This is equivalent to 8% of the recommended daily value.
According to the American Heart Association, potassium can control blood pressure by reducing the harmful effects of salt on your body. Many studies shows that by increasing potassium intake could cut the risk of stroke and heart disease. This also good for weight loss, so for those of you who are wanting an ideal weight, eat the zucchini as a snack is such a great idea. One cup of diced zucchini contains only 19 calories. The number of calories that are much lower than other green vegetables such as broccoli or cabbage.
In culinary context, zucchini is treated as a vegetable it is usually cooked and served as savory dish or accompaniment. But botanically, however, zucchini is a fruit, being the swollen ovary of the zucchini flower. Unlike cucumber, zucchini is usually served cooked. It can be prepared using a variety of cooking techniques, including steamed, boiled, baked, barbecued and fried. The zucchini can also be baked into bread similar to banana bread or incorporated into a cake mix. Zucchini ha a delicate flavor and requires little more than quick cooking with butter or olive oil, combined with or without herbs.
And now the zucchini can be made as a nice, delicious and yummy cake that you can enjoy at your home, besides this is inexpensive and super simple cake to make. Combined with the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder add to the cake batter along with the grated zucchini and bake it to the oven and that’s how you make the zucchini. You can eat the cake nice plain or you can also add some frosting all over the top of the cake such as add with cream cheese, vanilla whipped cream, chocolate shavings or maybe you want to dust them with powdered sugar just to make the cake look better.
I think the best thing to describe the cake is when accompanied with a cup of tea or coffee while the cake is still warm from the oven. Because you will get the nice, moist and soft texture of the cake with the melted chocolate inside and the crunch zucchini in your mouth. To make the better result for your cake just remember you are suggested to pick the fresh zucchini. Once you get the fresh one, grate it using the grater then chopped the chocolate. And as we make the cake in general, we are just going to make the wet ingredients separate with the dry ingredients then just combine them together to make the cake batter. So in a large mixing bowl, place together the eggs and sugar and beat them until light and fluffy.
Once you have done with the egg mixture, pour the oil, vanilla extract, and little bit of ground ginger then beat them again until everything is well combined. Next, pour the dry ingredients here along with the cocoa powder, chopped chocolate and the grated zucchini and gently fold the together. Pour the batter into the baking pan and cook it to the oven. I’m here using the ground ginger just to make the flavor even richer and stronger, but you can also change the ginger with another spice like cinnamon, or little bit of cloves.
4.9 review 76
Preparation : minutes
Cooking : minutes
Total Time : minutes
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Unique, Best, Moist and Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large zucchini
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Unique, Best, Moist and Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe:
- First thing you may have to do to start the step is preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven. Then grease a 9-inch of rectangular pan with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper and again grease with the butter or you can also use a non-stick cooking spray and do the same method by lining the parchment paper and spray it again.
- Next, grate the zucchini and chopped the chocolate just until you get all the ingredients chopped.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar and beat them until light and fluffy.
- Once you have done, now pour the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and little of ground ginger and again beat them until everything is well combined.
- After you finished with the wet ingredients, now it is time to mix it with the dry ingredients. Using the sifter, sift the flour along with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Then gently fold them together until all is blended well.
- Add the chopped chocolate and grated zucchini, mix it together.
- Once you have done with the batter, pour it into the prepared pan and bake it to the preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until you inserted a toothpick and it comes out clean and the cake spring bake when you press them slightly.
- Once the cake is done, remove it from the oven, place it on the wire rack just to make the cake little bit cooler.
While the cake is still warm, you can cut it into pieces and serve them while the cake just out from the oven. This will make you able to feel the moist cake with the melted chocolate inside.
Like and share this cake recipe and don’t forget to leave your comment below!