It is a lovely, wonderfully rich taste and yummy cake with a moist and dense texture that everyone loves.
But unfortunately not everyone loves to make this cake, because it’s need a special and complicated step and they thought they just gonna mess up when they’re in the kitchen. But today we bring some lovely recipe with a really easy step to make it. We’ll show you how simple it is to make the coconut cake at your home.
This is the popular dessert in the Southern in region of United States. This is the cake that frosting with white cream and sprinkle with coconut flakes all over the top of the cake.
What is nice about this coconut cake is that you don’t have to make everything on the day the cake is needed. For example you can make the lemon curd several days (or up to week in advance. In fact this is the best if it’s made the day before, or you can even make the freeze the cake up to two weeks ahead of time. Now, while the coconut flavor in this dessert comes from dried coconut sprinkled on the cake, you can add more coconut flavor by brushing the baked cake layers with some coconut milk . You can also use either the sweetened or unsweetened dried coconut and it can be either flaked or shredded.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Simple and Moist Homemade Coconut Cake Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest (outer yellow skin of lemon)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2-3 lemons)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon butter (cut into small pieces)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tablespoon cream of tartar
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Simple and Moist Homemade Coconut Cake Recipe:
- First, we’re going to start the step by making the lemon curd. Grab a stainless steel bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water and mix together the lemon juice, eggs, and sugar. Cook and make sure that you’re stirring it constantly to prevent the batter from curdling. Mix it until the mixture becomes thick (in 160 degrees). It can take about 10 minutes depending on the temperature of your simmering water.
- Once it’s done, remove from heat. Stir the butter and lemon zest into the lemon curd. The lemon curd will continue to thicken as it cools. Cover it immediately (so as skin doesn’t form) and refrigerate it until it’s cold. This lemon curd can be made several days (up to week) in advance.
- Now, we’re going to make the cake batter. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease the 23x 5 cm baking pans or you can spray them with non-stick cooking spray and then line the bottom of the pans using parchment paper.
- Next, move on and make the buttermilk cake. In a large bowl shift and whisk together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl of electric mixer or a hand mixer, beat the butter until its creamy (it might take about 1-2 minutes). Gradually, add the sugar and beat it until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and mix it until it’s combined. With a mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture (in three additions) and buttermilk (in two additions) starting and ending with the flour.
- Once you’ve with the previous step, divide the batter and pour it into the pans, smoothing the surface of the butter using your spatula. And bake it for about 35-30 minutes or until you inserted the toothpick and it comes out clean.
- After the cake s cooked well, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool in their pans for about 10 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a greased rack. And cool it completely before you do frosting on the top of the cake.
- You can make the frosting by cream the butter, corn syrup, sugar, water and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Using your electric mixer mix the ingredients well. Then place the bowl oven a saucepan of simmering water. Go on to beat on the medium-low speed for about 3 minutes. The increase the speed to high and continue to beat for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once you’ve done, remove the frosting batter form the heat, add vanilla extract and again beat on the high speed from about 1-2 minutes or until you get the thick and smooth consistency. Let the batter cool to the room temperature and then use immediately.
- Now, cut the cake horizontally in half. Put the cake layer on your plate and spread the lemon curd about 1/3 and sprinkled it with dried coconut. Go on with the next layers, stacking and filling it with lemon curd and coconut. Then frost the top and sides of the cake with frosting and sprinkle the dried coconut.
Share this special cake recipe with your family and friends and leave your comments below!