Don’t let the name fools you, this recipe is really delicious and this is the most talked about dish in the parties.
Adult love it as much as the kids do.
Dirt cake is a general term for several American cake recipe that utilize pudding and sandwich cookies in combination with other ingredients to create the special dessert that have a dirty look. The easy and simple desert is made by combining cookie crumbs on the top of the cream cheese or chocolate pudding.
This cake is typically placed on a jar or pot and decorate as dramatic as possible and makes this cake such as the soil in the pot and it comes with a worm that is made from gummy candy and place on the top of the cookie crumbs or it also called with “soil.” This also has many variations include vanilla pudding, vanilla wafers and cream cheese pudding in the recipe. So now we are going to build new garden trowel, get artificial flower and medium sized flower pot at a craft store to make the full effect to your dirt cake.
To make this special dirt cake you will need the 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling, softened butter and cream cheese. Begin by chopping the cookies sandwich using your food processor until they turns to cookies crumb form. Then in a large bowl, mix together butter, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar and mix it up until they are creamy. Once you have done with it, in another large bowl add the milk, instant vanilla pudding and frozen whipped topping and mix it together until they combined well. Add the batter cream cheese mixture to the milk mixture and whisk it up until they combined well and you ready to assemble you dirt cake in a medium pot. Make sure that you keep clean the pot by placing the aluminum foil on the bottom of the each pot and add the cookie crumbs as the base then add the cream cheese mixture repeat the layering until the pot s full.
Ingredients of How to Make Dirt Cake Cookies Dessert:
- 32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with cream filling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups milk
Instructions of How to Make Dirt Cake Cookies Dessert:
- First, you can start the step by chopping the chocolate sandwich (here I’m using Oreo, you can pick whatever the chocolate cookies you like) using your food processor on the high speed and keep chopping it. Don’t worry with the cream filling in the center of cookie they will disappear as you blend them on the high speed. Make sure that you blend the cookies until they turn to cookie crumbs.
- And in a medium bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar using your electric or hand mixer whisk it up until they combined well and the mixture is nice and smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Once you have the nice consistency of your butter and cream cheese, just set it aside. Then go on with the next step. In another bowl, pour the milk, add two packages of instant vanilla pudding mix and also with the frozen whipped topping, using your spatula or wire whisk mix together until you get a smooth and nice mixture.
- Once you have done with the previous step, add the mixture cream cheese to the milk mixture and gently fold them together until they combined well.
- You can build the cake in the individual balls, but if you really want to make an impression, use a small or medium sized of flower pots that is brand new and cleans and also the flower and worm gummy candy to make the full effect.
- Before you place the cookie crumbs on the pot, make sure that you placed the aluminum foil on the bottom of each pots to make sure that your cake does not spilling onto the dining pots.
- Now, you can assemble the cake by making the three layers or depends on how big your pots are. First, pour the cookie crumbs as the base and add the cream and repeat the layers until your pot is full.
Finally, place the flower on the top of the cake and put the worm gummy candy besides the flower. Now, you can serve this special dirt cake to your children or family.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with your friends and family and leave your comments below!