Spiderman! The most famous superhero character from Marvel that every kid is crazy about. So there is no doubt if you are presenting a Spiderman cake for your boy’s or even daughter’s birthday party can be a great idea! Kids love Spiderman, mostly because he has such a unique superhero custom, and also the amazing storyline of the movies itself makes him so popular.
These are some stunning Spiderman Cake Ideas
Here, special for you, we have provided the most amazing Spiderman Cake ideas for your kids’ birthday party! Now. You can pick one of them for your birthday cake party idea.
Now, we have picked the best one Spiderman Cake idea and provide the complete recipe for you. It is from Cake Craft World, they have complete guidance cake recipe videos. You can check out their channel. We show the way how they make the cake, the fondant, and the decoration in detail. Check it out the recipe below!
Here is the recipe to make the cake base for your Spiderman Cake. We use a vanilla sponge as the cake base because it is quite easy to make yet delicious.
- 4 Eggs
- 350 gram Granulated Sugar
- 237 ml Whole Milk
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 gram All Purpose Flour
- 120 gram Cake Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 lbs powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tsp butter flavouring
- 3 tbsp plain gelatine
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2½ tbsp glycerin
- 1 tsp butter flavouring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- Food coloring (red, black, and yellow)
- Vegetable shortening
Put the eggs into a kitchen aid mixer bowl, then mix it with the granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Do this step over a double, because a warm mixture of sugar and egg will make the best cake result. Keep stirring the egg, until it warm enough for about 46 °C.
Whip the egg mixture on the high-speed whip until the color is thick and pale and 5 times fuller than original volume, it takes about 5 minutes of the process.
Mix the milk and the butter then put it in the microwave until the butter is melted. Then add the vanilla extract to the milk mixture.
Put the mixture of flour into the egg mixture, and whisk it.
Take out the cake batter for about 2 cups into another bowl. Then add the hot milk and butter mixture to the separated cake batter, and whisk it well. Add it back to the main cake batter and whisk them.
Divide the batter into two pans.
Bake it for about 35 minutes in the preheated 176 °C oven.
Cut the sides of the round cake until it resembles the shape of Spiderman head.
Cover with icing.
Put your milk into a cup, and add the gelatine into it. Stir them, and leave it for about 4 minutes until it looks nicely corporate and look firm up and blooming.
Put the mixture into the microwave in the high heat setting for one minute or until the gelatine becomes liquid. Stir it.
In a new cup, add corn syrup, butter, glycerine, butter flavouring and vanilla extract. Put this mixture into the gelatine and milk mixture. Stir it slowly and heat it until the butter melted. Stir again, and let the mixture luke warm.
Strain the mixture into the mixing bowl containing of 2 pounds sifted powder sugar. Mix it using a spatula.
Add the rest of the powder sugar, and stir it slowly using the mixer with the dough hook. You can add the food coloring for each color in this process.
When the dough starts to pull away from the bowl, it means that your fondant is ready.
Pour vegetable shortening and the corn starch on a clean surface to prevent sticking the fondant onto the platform.
Put the dough on the clear surface, make it into a ball shape by your hand (put some Crisco on your palm hand to prevent sticking)
Divide the fondant into two parts, wrap it with the Crisco poured wrap. Place the dough in the air tight container for a night.
On the following day, interchange your fondant with small a bit glycerine and shortening until it soft and supple.
(This fondant recipe can be used to cover one medium size cake, so you can make it more or less for each color as you wish)
Spiderman Cake Toppers Instruction
- Blue drum board or you can cover your drum board with blue fondant
- Palette knife
- Red, black, white and yellow fondant
- Edible glue or cold water
- Square palette knife
- Black icing
- Circle cutter
Instruction for Spiderman Cake Body
- Make the red sugar paste into round shape, a little bit smaller from the drum board size. Put some edible glue or cold water into the half of drum board.
- Put the red fondant onto the drum board for about ¼ part of the circle. Cut the rest of the red fondant that comes out from the board.
Instruction for Spiderman Head (The Cake)
- Use the red fondant as the cover of the cake.
- Measure it according to the cake size and cover the whole cake with the red fondant.
Instruction for The Buildings
- Use the black fondant, make it into a circle with the same thickness as the Spiderman’s body.
- Cut the fondant, and make it into some skyscrapers shape as you wish.
- Put in on the drum board, stick them side by side to the Spiderman’s body.
- Design it as you wish, and stick them onto the board with edible glue or cold water.
- Now make the yellow windows for the skyscraper. Make the small squares from the yellow fondant by square cutters or palette knife.
- Stick Them into the skyscraper as you wish.
Decorate the Spiderman’s Head
- Put a dollop of buttercream between in the middle of the board between the skyscrapers.
- Put the cake on the buttercream, push it a bit to make sure it’s stuck.
- Make the eyes from black and white fondant. Make the bigger circle with the black, and the smaller one with the white. Cut them in a half, put the white fondant on the top of the black one to make the eyes.
- Draw the Spiderman’s web on the Spiderman’s face by black icing, slowly and neatly.
- You can also draw the body with the web.
Now you are all ready to hold a Spiderman Themed Birthday Party with this amazing Spiderman Birthday Cake!
What do you think about our choices of Spiderman Cake Ideas? Let us know in the comment below!
Hope you enjoy it!
1 thought on “10 Awesome Spiderman Cake Ideas With Recipe & Topper Decorations”
Your Spiderman Cake Ideas is absolutely incredible! I really love all of them!
By the way, your recipe is very detail and completely helpful!
Thank you so much for sharing them!