It’s a very simple cake that is really easy to make.
This actually a fish cake or sometimes written as fish cake is food item that is similar to croquette. This cake has consistency of fish that already filleted and potato patty or sometimes is covered in breadcrumbs added with egg or batter then it’s fried. The fishcakes has been seen as a way of using a leftovers that might otherwise be thrown away. But English author in 19th century, Mrs. Beeton publication Book of Household Management, her recipe for fishcakes calls for “leftover fish” and “cold potatoes”. And the more modern recipe has added to the dish with the suggesting ingredients such as vegetable and smoked salmon.
As fish has traditionally been a major dietary of people hat living near seas, lakes and river, they have arisen many regional variations of the fish cake. Not only in Salmon, fish cakes are also made from any type of fish such as tuna, snapper and many more. And the variations can depend on what type of fish is used.
And today we’re going to show you how to make a special salmon cakes. Believe me this is a super easy and good recipe to try to. This also can be served as your lunch, breakfast or your dinner. Because it’s contain many vitamin and nutrition that is so good for you.
Ingredients of How to Make Salmon Cake:
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz of Cooked Salmon
- 2 tablespoon of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoon of Mayo
- A dash of Worcesteshire sauce
- 2 tablespoon of Freshly Chopped Chives
- Pepper and salt to taste
Ingredients to Make The Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of Mayo
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Chopped Dill
- A few Consichons (you can add as much as you want)
- Dash of Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pepper and salt, to taste
Instructions of How to Make Salmon Cakes:
- In a large bowl, pour your cooked salmon and also place all the ingredients such as egg, breadcrumb, mayo, lemon zest, chives, sauce, salt and paper and using your fork whisk it all together until it’s combined well. Just make sure that you don’t over mash the salmon so you’ll get a good consistency of your salmon dough.
- Once you done, pop your dough into fridge for about an hour just to make your dough easy to form as patty. But before it make sure that you cover your dough using a plastic wrap.
- Heat a couple tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, spoon a large spoonfuls of the salmon dough into the hot pan making sure to flatten them a bit.
- And cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until your salmon mixture golden brown on each side.
- Before serving, mix together the mayo, lemon juice, dill, chopped cornishon, salt and paper to make tasty sauce.
- Now, you can serve the sauce along sides the crab cakes and enjoy you special and lovely salmon cake.
Now, your salmon cake is easy to be served, enjoy it and have fun.
Don’t forget to share this special recipe with your family and friends and leave your commnets below.