Molten chocolate cake or Chocolate Lava Cakes are the mini perfect desserts recipe that everyone loves.
It’s a moist and has a melted chocolate in the center of the cake, it’s like hot chocolate pudding. This recipe of the cake is really easy to make and the perfect dessert recipe for Valentine’s Day! In different areal this cake has many names: Molten Chocolate Cakes, Brownies Lava Cakes, Chocolate Volcano Cake, French Chocolate Lave Cake and many more.
Molten chocolate cake or lava cake is popular dessert that combines the ingredients of Flourless chocolate cake or sometimes it’s called a chocolate decadence cake) and a souffle. This cake are always baked in ramekin dishes and have four main ingredients, they are eggs, chocolate, butter and sugar. The chocolate and butter are melted together in the same bowl while the eggs are either whisked with sugar to form a thick paste, producing a denser finished product, or are separated so the egg whites can be whipped into egg foam to provide more lift when the mixture is baked.
To present the cake rather than serve it in a ramekin or on a plate, the baker may choose to make the cake more appealing. A drizzling of raspberry, fresh raspberries or may be dusting with powdered sugar on the top or the cake will be delicious too.
And today we are going to make the delicious molten chocolate lava cake recipe that is super easy to make and it’s super yummy and delicious. I’m going to add the sugar powder on the top of the cake and a fresh strawberry as the beautiful garnish. Let me know which topping do you like or maybe you prefer to eat you chocolate lave cake plainly just let me know what you prefer the best in the comment box below.
Ingredients of How to Make Molten Chocolate Lave Cake:
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter (cut into small cubes)
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ounce of semi-sweet
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 4 ounce custard ramekins – 2 inches deep
- Icing/whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries (garnish, optional)
Instructions of How to Make Molten Chocolate Lave Cake:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F, press the start button on your oven to set the heat. And place oven rack in the center position.
- Prepare 2 of ramekins and grease them with non-stick spray or butter and place on a baking sheet. And set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and butter and heat it to the microwave on high, until the butter and chocolate melt. Once it’s melted, whisk together the mixture until its combined well and very smooth.
- Add the sifted sugar into melted chocolate mixture, add salt and whisk together, until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and egg yolks and also vanilla extract until its mixed well.
- Before adding the flour to the mixture chocolate melt, sift it first and mix gently to combine the chocolate batter just until the flour disappears. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Once you’ve done, pour the batter into the ramekins and bake it until 13-15 minutes, until the edges are set and the center are sifted. Once the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven. Let it cool first before we continue to the next step.
- Once your cake is cooled, remove the cakes from the ramekins. You can use a knife or metal spatula around the edge of each ramekin to loosen the cake. Just be careful your ramekins may still hot, don’t forget to use a safety stuff, here we use a dish towel or pot holder and invert the cakes into a serving plate. Now your cake is ready to be served. Dust all over the top of the cake using powdered sugar or if it desired you can use any topping or icing such as whipped cream or cream cheese. And don’t forget to add the garnish just to make your cake serves prettier. Here my favorite way to serve my molten chocolate lava cake is by adding a fresh strawberry. But if you don’t really like strawberry, you can substitute it with any other garnish, not only fruits you can also add the chocolate milk, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, chocolate shavings and spring of mint or anything you like, just feel free to do whatever you want.
You can also cut a little bit of the edge of the cake and let the chocolate inside melt down to your serving plate. It is very nice and delicious cake recipe, just make sure that you wipe your face after eat this dish and if you lick the plate. Just to make sure that you don’t get mess on your face after enjoying this yummy and special molten chocolate lave cake.
Share this special cake recipe with your family and friends and leave your comments below!