The homey, nice and yummy chocolate pudding cake has two delicious layers, a great chocolate cake and a thick chocolate pudding sauce.
It is everyday moist and wonderfully rich the best serving of the cake is served warm from the open with scoop of icing cream, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. You’re probably knew this dessert as a hot chocolate fudge cake, or maybe a saucing chocolate pudding cake.
I often think that a chocolate pudding cake was the pioneer to molten chocolate cake as both have a cake and a sauce in one dessert. Only this recipe is not easily found in cookbooks as, more often that is not, it is one that has been passed down one generation to the next.
The best thing about this cake is that the chocolate pudding cake does not need an electric mixer and everything is mixed by hand using a spatula or wire whisk. There are two parts of making this cake they are making the batter and the chocolate sauce. So let’s begin with the cake batter. Just sift the dry ingredients such as flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk it together until everything is well combined. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg along with the melted butter, milk, sugar and vanilla extract just until you have a good and smooth consistency. Once you have done, pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix until everything is well combined. Add the chopped walnuts. Now pour the batter into the prepared pan evenly. And set the pan aside.
Go on and continue to make the pudding sauce which means stirring the coffee into the boiling water. The next step is to mix together the brown and white sugars, along with the cocoa powder and whisk them up together just until everything is well combined. Once you have done, pour the sugar all over the top of the cake batter along with the hot coffee. Then bake the cake to the preheated oven just until the cake is cooked well. The chocolate pudding cake is done when the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan and that means you are ready to remove your cake from the oven. But just be careful your cake is probably still hot from the oven so make sure that your hands are fitted with the hand gloves or baking towel.
This chocolate pudding cake is actually a super simple cake to make that is a quick recipe and very inexpensive to make. The chocolate cake with a hot creamy pudding sauce is great for entertaining, holidays, winter recipes, Thanksgiving, Christmas and dinner parties. This pudding cake recipe is also fit for the chocolate lovers who want to feel the different and new sensation of enjoying the chocolate. So enrich your chocolate cake recipe collection with new recipes from our menu. This would be so fun if you could make the chocolate pudding cake at your home, so that you can serve it to your parents, family or maybe with your friend. So what are we waiting for? Let’s go to the kitchen and have the fun cooking, shall we?
Pereparation time : minutes
Cooking time : minutes
Total time : Minutes
Ingredients of How to Make the Best and Easiest Homemade Chocolate Pudding Cake
Ingredients for Cake Batter:
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and bring to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Ingredients for Pudding Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Instructions of How to Make The Best and Easiest Homemade Chocolate Pudding Cake
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 35 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven and don’t forget to press the “start” button to set the heat. Then grab 8 inch of square baking dish and grease it with butter and dust with the flour or you can also just spray it with the non-stick cooking spray evenly to the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
- Next, in a large of mixing bowl, sift the flour along with the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and using a spatula, spoon or wire whisk just whisk them together just until everything is combined well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg along with the melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and caster sugar just until you get a smooth and good consistency of your egg-mixture.
- Once you have done stir the egg mixture, now pour the dry ingredients-mixture to the egg-mixture and mix it up until all is blended well.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Once you have done with the batter. Now pour the batter into the prepared baking dish evenly and smooth the top of the batter using a spatula to flatten the surface. Then sprinkle the cocoa mixture all over the top of the batter. Then slowly pour the coffee mixture over the chocolate mixture.
- And now time to bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the cake is puffed and just beginning to pull away from the sides of the baking dish.
- Once your cake is done, remove it from the oven and place it on the wire rack to help the cake cool faster.
Now, while your cake is warm from the oven you are ready to serve them on the serving plate. Scoop the cake out from the oven and transfer to the serving plate, either you enjoy it plain or with vanilla or chocolate ice cream that would be a great idea. And the remaining cake can be covered with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge and when you want to eat it again you can reheat it in the microwave.
Share this chocolate pudding cake with your friends and family and let me know what you think on the comment section below!