While there are so many cakes which are really nice for celebrating party, birthdays or any other special occasions,a Vanilla Cake covered with yummy and sweet frosting is especially popular.
The sweet buttery flavor and moist and light texture made this cake served so special. The frosting of this cake used to both fill and frost, the cake also has a sweet and butter flavor with fluffy texture. Besides that, you can also decorate the cake with all the trappings and trinkets you like. You can pipe some of the frosting around the top and the base of the cake in a beautiful design, and candy dots pressed into the frosting to finish the look.
is commonly known as a 1-2-3-4 cake. This cake has popular since the 19th century it is also an easy cake to remember. The number 1-2-3-4 refer to the quantities of ingredients is 1 cup of butter, 2 cup of sugar, 3 cup of flour and 4 large eggs. But the cake we’re going to make today we’re gonna cut a little amount of the sugar, but otherwise the recipe still the same.
The cake uses the ‘creaming’ method where the sugar and the butter are beaten together first and then the eggs, and it followed by added the milk and the flour. So, not only is this recipe that easy to remember, the cake is also easy to make. In this tutorial we’re using regular all purpose flour, but if you want a more tender and delicate crumb you can subtitute all the purpose flour with the cake flour. In addition to serving on several occasions, this cake is also delicious and yummy if you served to your family or you can bring this special vanilla cake to your friend’s house. And here’s the recipe.
Ingredients of How to Make Moist Vanilla Cake :
- 345 grams sifted all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 240 ml milk
- 350 grams granulated white sugar
- 226 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients of How to Make Confectioners Frosting :
- 460 grams confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar or icing), sifted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-4 tsp milk or light cream
- 226 grams unsalted butter
- Assorted food colors (if desired)
Instructions Of How to Make Moist Vanilla Cake :
- First, you may start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Then, spray or butter two 23×5 cm cake pans with a non-stick vegetable spray. Line the bottom of the cake pans with parchment or wax paper, then spray the paper.
- Get a bowl (a medium one) pour the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and salt and whisk it together until the ingredients is blended well.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the paddle attachment or using the hand mixer beat the butter until it soft and really creamy. To make the butter creamy as we want it might take about 1-2 minutes.
- After that, gradually add the sugar and beat them until very soft and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, beating it well after each addition. To know that you have the egg whisk correctly, try to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- After that, add the vanilla extract and beat it until it’s combined. While your mixer running in low speed, alternately add the milk that has been mixed with two additions and flour mixture that has been mixed with three additions, starting and ending with the flour.
- Once the batter is done, divide the batter between the two of cake pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until the butter is well cooked you can test if your cake is well cooked by inserting the toothpick in the center of the cake and it’s come clean.
- Place the cake in the wire rack or on the plate, let it cool in their pans for about 10 minutes. And remove the cake from the pan and also remove the wax paper from the cake. Just remember let your cake cool completely before you do frosting on the top of the cake.
- While waiting your cake cool, you can make the frosting. Using your electric mixer, mix butter until it’s smooth and creamy. Keep your mixer on and add vanilla extract. With the mixer running in the low speed, gradually add some sugar. Add about 2 tsp milk and beat them to combine. Then, on the high speed, beat the frosting until it is light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). If it desired you can also add the food color to coloring your frosting and make it colorful and prettier.
- Now, you can frost your cake. Place one cake layer on the plate and spread it with 3/4 of frosting. Add frosting the all over the cake with the remaining frosting. To make your vanilla cake look more beautiful, you can decorate the cake with some candy or you can sprinkle it with chocochips or anything you like.
Share this cake recipe with your friend and family and leave your comment below.