Who does not familiar with lemonade? A small yellow fruit that has sour taste and contain so many benefits that are really good for health.
The Acid in lemon juice “works” with the body to maintain and improve the functions of the body properly. In addition to help digestion, there are other benefits of lemon water itself. Namely, a good way to consume vitamin C without the high sugar content can be found in other citrus fruits.
Other than beneficial for health, lemonade can also be used as ingredients to make a food like a delicious cake.
Lemonade layer cake with cream lemon frosting is one of my favorite cakes. It is very sweet and buttery cake with moist and dense texture. As it name implies the cake has a tangy lemon flavor that comes from adding the lemon zest that combined with batter and mixed together. It is also frosted with cream lemon in each layers and the rest of the cream applied to cover the cake. What makes this cake so special is that eventhough we use the lemon cream for the frosting, the color of the cream does not show the original color of the lemon (yellow) otherwise it is plain white. It is because the cream batter contains butter and the icing sugar, but the taste is still divine. But if you want to custom the cream to be whatever you like, you can just add the food color to the cream and make the personal cream as you want. (You might also like: Honey Bun Cake)
When you decide to make this lemonade cake, remember to always use lemons that are fragrant with brightly colors and oily yellow skins. If that possible to you to get the best quality of the lemon, you are suggested to use the organic lemons. The best lemons are firm, heavy for their size and plump. Don’t use lemons that have blemishes, hard, soft spots or wrinkled. The most wonderful tangy flavor of the lemon is the lemon that consists of a yellow outer rind. And remember the most important thing about making this cake is to always keep the hygiene. So before removing the outer skin of the lemon or grate the lemon’s skin, make sure that you wash your lemon first until it is completely clean.
I like to add the lemon concentrate to mix with the batter because I want my lemonade cake has the strong flavor and nice fragrant so that when the cake comes out from the oven and someone joins me in the kitchen they could smell the fragrant so they just kind of believe that the cake is going to be so much delicious and yummy. You might think that this is kind of show off, buy hey, convince people to believe what we’re trying to serve is necessary, right?
And to make this special cake, all you need to do is that get all the ingredients at the groceries or maybe some of it are available in your kitchen. And once you have all the ingredients, then you are ready to make the cake. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter, lemonade concentrate, vanilla extract and grated lemon zest and mix it up until everything incorporated well. Add the eggs and egg whites blend it well and pour the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and buttermilk and again beat them well until everything well combined. Once you have done with the batter, divide it into the 3 pans with equal portion, smooth the top using spatula then bake them in the oven until the cake are cooked well or until you inserted the toothpick in the center of the cake it springs back. After the cake cooled, let the cake cool to room temperature then remove them from their pans and place on the wire rack. Convert the first cake layer on the serving plate and spread the frosting all over the top of the cake then cover with another layer, repeat it to the remain cake. And the rest of the cream use to cover the cake all over the top to the sides of the cake.
How to Make Lemonade Layer Cake with Cream Lemon Frosting – The Recipe
Ingredients of How to Make Lemonade Layer Cake with Cream Lemon Frosting:
Ingredients for Cake:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 8 ounces less-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Instructions of How to Make Lemonade Layer Cake with Cream Lemon Frosting:
- First of all, please preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray 2 of 9 inch pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, in a large of mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon concentrate and grated lemon zest until everything incorporated well.
- Once you have done with the butter mixture, add the eggs and egg whites one at a time and beat them together and beat just until the batter mixed well.
- Then, spoon out flour into measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine this flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix it up using a spoon.
- Pour this flour-mixture and buttermilk alternately to the batter and stir well with mixer.
- Once you have done with the batter, now pour the batter into the 2 pans with equal portion and smooth the top with spatula then bake them in the oven until the cakes are cooked well for about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are cooked, remove it from the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes n the wire rack.
- Remove the cake from the pans and now we are going to make the frosting. Beat all the frosting ingredients in a bowl, except the icing sugar until well blended and then add the icing sugar, again beat them until incorporated well.
- Place the first cake layer on the serving plate, spread little bit of the frosting all over the top of the cake and cover with another layer and use the remains frosting to cover the cake at all.
If the cake isn’t immediately served, you can place the cake on the fridge to set the cake and let the frosting become more rigid. After that you are ready to cut you cake and serves them.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with friends or family and let me know what you think on the comment section below!