This is the super simple cake recipe. In this article we will shows you how to make the delicious and yummy homemade Jaffa cakes.
The great thing about this cake is how easy the cake to customize and alter the flavor, Jaffa cakes are one of my most favorite snacks that I really love and today is the great chance for me to make this most basic way to make them so feel free to ramp them up a bit with marmalade, orange zest, juice or even extract.
The most common form of Jaffa cakes are circular, 2 1/2 inches in diameter and have three layers, they are a Genoise sponge, base and a layer of orange flavored jelly and coating of chocolate. Jaffa cakes are also available as bars or in small packs, and smaller size and larger sizes.
You can make this special Jaffa cake as a snack that is easy to carry everywhere you want to go, like picnic, camping or anything else. Generally this cake is available in pastry shop or in some supermarket, but for those of you who find out that is so lazy going out to the supermarket just to get this cake, don’t worry we will help you find out the solution by making this cake at your home. This gonna be so easy and so simple as I said above. Once you get all the ingredients you just need to go to the kitchen, grab the recipe and get ready to follow the step.
Here I give you some review how to make Jaffa cake. First thing you may have to do is crack the eggs and the caster sugar in a medium mixing ball and beat them with the electric mixer until it is fluffy and light. Then in a measuring cup add the hot water along with the jelly and stir it until the jelly is dissolved.
Once the jelly is dissolve, pour it into a sheet and place it into the fridge. Back to the eggs mixture and the grated lemon zest to strengthen the flavor. Once you get the fluffy and right consistency of your mixture, pour the flour and gently fold them together. Now pour the batter into the prepared baking dish or baking sheet and bake them to the oven until they are cooked well.
Remove the jelly from the fridge and form it into small circular shape and after the cake is cooked and cooled from the oven, it is time to assemble the cake. But before it, make sure that you have melted your chocolate. Place the cake as the base and put the jelly as the second layer and cover it with the melted chocolate. Once you have done assembling all the cakes, leave it to room temperature to set the cake or you can place them in the fridge to make help them set faster and you ready to serve your Jaffa cake. That’s super easy and simple, isn’t it? So wait for what else? Let’s just go to the kitchen and get ready for the steps.
Ingredients of How to Make Homemade Orange Jelly Jaffa Cakes:
- 50 g all purpose flour
- 1 package jelly cubes (orange flavored)
- 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 50 g caster sugar
Instructions of How to Make Homemade Orange Jelly Jaffa Cakes:
- First, you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven and press the ‘Start’ button to set the heat. Then grease the muffin pan or a baking sheet with small rounded shape. You can grease the pan using butter and flour or the simpler way is using the non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, we are going to make the jelly first. Zest the orange and set it aside for later. In a measuring cup, add about 300 ml of simmering water along with the jelly cubes and squeeze in the juice of the orange.
- Once your jelly is dissolved well, pour the jelly liquid into a shallow pans or baking sheet that lined with anti-cling it’s about 1/2 cm thick. Now, place the jelly in the fridge to set.
- Then go on and make the cake batter by cracking the eggs in a medium mixing bowl, gradually add the sugar and beat them over high speed just until it becomes thick, pale and fluffy.
- Once you have done, turn off the electric mixer or stand mixer and pour the flour then fold them gently until the flour is disappear and they are mixed together well.
- Now, it is time to pour the cake batter into the prepared baking sheet. Only add enough to just coat the bottom of each indent. And cake the cakes for about 10 minutes or until the edges of the cakes turns golden brown and when you inserted toothpick it comes out clean.
- Once your cakes are cooked well, remove them from the oven and let them cool in their baking sheet.
- While waiting your cakes cool, we are going to make the chocolate frosting. Melt the chocolate in a microwave just until you see all the chocolate is melted all.
- Now, it is time to assemble the cakes. Ease the cake loose once they have cooled. And also remove the jelly from the fridge, cut the jelly into smaller diameter of the cakes and place this jelly on the second layer after the cake and finally add the melted chocolate all over the top of the cake.
Do the same thing to each cakes and place them on the fridge to set or you can just leave them to room temperature. Once your cakes are set, you are ready to serve your cake.
Share this special cake recipe with your friends or family and let me know what you think on the comment box below!