Through the ages apples were not merely a fruit to be eaten as food, they were also thought to be magical, with their powers extending from curing diseases, giving immortality and ensuring fertility.
Even today the apple provides both good and bad symbolism. But most of us usually focus on apples as food and the fact is that they are an important cultivated fruit it most temperate parts of the world. Apple varieties now number well into the thousands with each having its own unique color, flavor, shape and texture. Their color can range from green, yellow, red, to brown, its flavors can be sweet, mellow, spice or tart and its texture can be so soft, too hard, too crisp and mealy so there is an apple to suit everyone’s taste.
This applesauce cake is a good way to showcase the apple’s delicious texture and flavor. The best way to describing the apple sauce cake is when they are enjoyed with a cup of coffee or tea and accompanied with ‘the love ones’ either with family, children, husband, or best friends. The taste is so good, it has a very buttery and moist texture with a crunchy outer and yet they are really soft inside.
You can just enjoy the cake plainly or you can also add some frosting on the top of the cake such as whipped cream, cream cheese, chocolate shaves, melted chocolate, a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dusted with sifted powdered sugar all over the top of the cake. Or you may want to bring the real taste of the apple by making the slice of the apples and made it as the garnish. Just do whatever you want and feel free to combine the additional ornament into your cake.
This applesauce cake is basically the easy and simple old fashioned cake to be made. You can make this cake at your home with some cinnamon ground and mix the batter as good as you can so you will get the moist and yummy texture of your cake.
Just believe me it’s gonna be so easy, so fun and so simple. All you need to do to make this applesauce cake is just mix together the canola oil or any other fat such as vegetable oil and corn oil with sugar and using the hand mixer or electric mixer beat it until it’s combined well. Then in another mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients such as flour, cinnamons, baking soda, nutmeg and just set them aside. Back to the sugar mixture, add the applesauce and vanilla extract and again beat them together until mixed well. Add the dry ingredients to that sugar mixture and beat them until smooth and nice.
Get a baking dish and spray it with a non stick cooking spray and pour the batter here and bake it to the preheated oven until the cake is cooked. One the cake is cooked well remove from the oven let it cool and you ready to serve it. It’s really simple, isn’t it? You can just give it try at your home, and you’ll get a special applesauce cake to be served to your family and ‘the love ones’.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Simple and Moist Cinnamon Old Fashioned Applesauce Cake:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (optional)
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Simple and Moist Cinnamon Old Fashioned Applesauce Cake:
- First thing you have to do to start the steps of making the easy, simple and moist cinnamon old fashioned applesauce is preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the rack to the center of the oven and don’t forget to press the ‘Start’ button to set the heat. Then go on and grab a 9 x 13 inch pan or baking dish grease it with butter and cover with flour or you can also use the oil and cover the bottom of the baking dish with flour or much easier way to grease your baking dish is using the non-stick cooking spray all over the bottom and sides the baking dish.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl mix together oil and sugar using the electric mixer or stand mixer until the sugar is dissolved with the oil.
- Then in another mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking soda, cinnamons and nutmeg powder and stir it well using the spoon until all the ingredients are mix together well. Now, set them aside.
- Back to you sugar mixture in a mixing bowl, we are now going to pour the apple sauce and vanilla extract and using the mixer beat them again until they are all mixed together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the batter and again beat them until you get a nice and smooth texture.
- And now, you ready to pour the batter into the prepared pan, pour it slowly and using a spoon or spatula smooth the top of the batter to flatten the surface and bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 45 to 50 minutes or until when you inserted a toothpick it comes out clean and the cake is spring back after you press the slightly.
- Once you cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and place it on the wire rack to cool the cake. Before serving, make sure that you remove the cake from the pans and leave it to room temperature.
As I said above, you can also add the frosting on the top of the cake such as instant whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the melted chocolate or any other garnish you want. Just feel free to do that.
Share this special cake recipe with your friends and family and let them know how rich and great the taste is and leave your comments below!