It’s the layer upon the layer of chocolaty goodness and ready to be put into your body.
Yes, it is the Mississippi mud pie that everyone loves. You may often misspell the word of Mississippi, and yeah so do I. But do not be worry, because the delight of the cake is no doubtful and that’s also why the Mississippi cake is recommended to be made at home.
Mississippi mud pie is a dessert with history as musky as the waters of its namesake. Not to be confused with dirt or mud cake (no gummy worms inside) or eve Mississippi mud cake, this beloved pie has been re-interpreted countless times, and always with different result. This one is a primer on the dessert that claimed by the state of Mississippi but enjoyed from coast to coast.
Just for your information, this Mississippi mud pie sometimes takes on alternatives names. Those who forego the pie crust may call this treat as Chocolate Lasagna or Mississippi mud cake.
But one thing for sure is that the taste of the cake is really devine. You can also have this as dessert that you enjoyed after the main course. Or you can just eat them to recover your mood. The rich ingredients of chocolate made this one perfect to be served as your snack. So if you want to make the Mississippi mud cake, then what are we waiting for? Let’s go to the kitchen and start preparing.
Just make sure that every stuff you need is in place so you won’t have to search or getting complicated with the preparation.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Mississippi Mud Pie Cake
- 75 g salted butter
- 250 g oreos biscuit
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 160 g light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80 g salted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml strong cold coffee
- 120 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 25 ml coffee liqueur
- 250 ml whole milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornflour
The Top Cream:
- 1 drizzle chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- 250 ml double cream
- 25 g dark chocolate
Instructions of How to Make Easy Mississippi Mud Pie Cake
- Our Mississippi mud cake has four layers and we are gonna start with the bottom one which is the biscuit crumbs. You can actually substitute the oreos with any other kind of biscuit. Grab anything you like and start crumble your biscuit together. So blitz oreos and mix them with the melted butter and mix it together until you get the nice mixture. After that, you just need to get your 23 cm round cake tin. Then press them using the back of the spoon until you get the nice-flat surface. And set them aside.
- Then go ahead and preheat the oven to 180 C. Also don’t forget to press the Start button so the oven will begin to run the heat.
- Next, you can go on to make the cake. Melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Meanwhile, grab another bowl and whisk the eggs and sugar until they have triple in volume.
- Once you get all the mixture right, go ahead and mix the coffee, cream and vanilla together in the different bowl. We should have the rich and strong flavor to the cream so please make sure that you add the cold coffee into the mixture.
- Fold the coffee cream into the eggs along with the chocolate mixture and cocoa powder. After that, go ahead and transfer onto the biscuit base that we made before. Place the cake into the oven and cook them for about 30-35 minutes.
- Once the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and put them in the wire rack and let it cool completely. As soon as you get the cake cooled, you can invert it to a plate then you won’t have to hardly place them on the plate later.
- Now, it’s the time to make the pudding. Warm all the ingredients for the pudding slowly in the saucepan as you whisk them all for about 3-4 minutes. After that, you can place the mixture to a bowl to cool once it’s thickened and bubbled for a minute.
- You are now ready to assemble all the layers together. Pour the pudding into the cake and smooth them using the back of the spoon until you get the nice surface. Place them to the fridge for several hours until the whole things is set up.
- While your cake is chill in the fridge you can go ahead and make the whip cream for it. Since people suggested not just making the whip cream, we tried to add the caramel to it. Get a bowl and pour double cream to it and whisk it nice and quick until you get the good consistency. Add the caramel sauce and whisk them again together until everything is combined and the texture turn into a fluffy and pale. You can use the electric mixer to whisk everything together. But if you don’t have one, go ahead use the wire whisk until everything is well combined.
- Get the cake from the fridge and spoon put the whip cream on the top. Then flat the surface until you get the nice and smooth top layer.
- Sprinkle the top with grated dark chocolate and also drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
And there you go, a deliciously Mississippi mud cake. If you want to have the better texture of this cake, you can place them again in the fridge for couple hours until the chocolate layer is set. Once you get that, remove it from the fridge and you are ready to cut them into slices. Share this beloved cake with your loves one and let them know that you are now able to make an ultimate dessert.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe by clicking the share button and let me know what you think on the comment section below!