Do you want to make a cake for a cat lover with a good-and hopefully sick-sense of humor, or maybe you just want to fool everyone on April fool’s day?
This cake will definitely do that trick. Not only does it look creepy realistic without using any actual litter or litter box contents, it is absolutely good!
Make your April fool’s day becomes a scary and fun moment. People might think that you are eating the disgusting dish, but actually it is a delicious cake sprinkled with crumble cookies and added the chocolate chewy candy or tootsies. The tootsies is chocolate flavored candy is a type of candy that does not easily melt when you put them in hot place such as microwave or something similar to. But if you are having trouble of finding the tootsies, you can just use another brand candy which has the similar texture with the tootsies. So when you put the candy in the microwave they not gonna melt out and hard to mold to whatever shapes you want.
And the most important thing when you cook something is that to always keep the hygiene. You may want to fool people with disgusting food you eat, but it doesn’t mean you forget the cleanliness of everything you use including the stuff and the ingredients. So make sure that you use the brand new and clean litter box. But if you already have one, make sure that you washed the box first before cooking and place the cake onto it. And also for the green-colored of the crumble cake, make sure that you don’t use any color, please use the food color to keep the health, especially when you serve this cake for kids.
Speaking about the cake, the kitty litter cake is a super simple and super easy cake to make and the ingredients used are completely accessible. You can get some of the material at the groceries or supermarket. Besides, the cake is also inexpensive but the result is totally awesome. Don’t be shocked or surprised when you serve this cake on the table and nobody wants to even touch it or maybe they just gonna give the confused-expression when see this cake, because they might think you are crazy. But, here’s what make the cake so special, you can be the first one who try the cake and shock everyone at you house and ask them to try it and they gonna knows what you made.
This cake also fit to serve for kids, the chewy chocolate candy and the crumble cake is the best combinations that will make the kids fall in love with the cake. You can also ask them to help you make this in the kitchen. Believe me, this going to be a fun and happy moment with the kids. Because the cake doesn’t need to be look perfect or beautiful, the messier it looks the better it would be.
To make this cake all you need to do is grab all the ingredients such as the chocolate cake mix, the white cake mix so that we could have two different color of the cake mix, then instant pudding mix, sandwich cookies, food coloring and tootsies roll or the chocolate chewy candy. Once you have all the ingredients, then you can get ready of making the kitty litter cake. You can start the step by mixing and baking the cake mix according to the package direction and place them on the any size pan. Then make the pudding according to package directions and let it chill until the pudding is ready to combine with another ingredient.
Once you have done with the pudding, go ahead and place the sandwich cookies into the food processor and process them until turned into cookie crumbs. After that, transfer the cookie crumbs into a small bowl and pour a little bit of the green food coloring as needed then mix it up until it turns to green. Once the cake cooled, turn them into crumble and mix them together and now you have the two-colored of the crumble cake. Add the half of remaining cookie crumbs that you have processed from the food processor and gently mix them together until all combined. Add the pudding into the cake crumbs-mixture and mix them until incorporated well. Transfer the crumbs-mixture to the latter box lined with parchment paper. Unwrapped tootsies roll in a microwave until they are soft and pliable. And use your hands to pinch off the ends of the tootsies so they are no longer blunt and look convincingly like what cats put in the litter box. Repeat the process with as many tootsies roll as you would like to add. Place the tootsies over the crumbs and sprinkle the green cookie crumbs over the cake crumbs and you are ready to serve the cake.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Kitty Litter Cake:
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 package vanilla sandwich cookies
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package tootsies rolls
- 3 drops green food coloring
Instructions of How to Make Easy Kitty Litter Cake:
- To get ready to make the cake you can first prepare the cake mixes and bake it according to package directions and bake them on the any size pan you have.
- Once you have baked the cake, now go on and prepare the pudding according to the package directions and chill it until the pudding is ready to assemble.
- Next, place the sandwich cookies on the food processor and process them until they turn into cookie crumbs. Set aside for about 1/4 cup and add a few drops of green food coloring as needed and using a spoon mix it together.
- When the cake cooled to room temperature, go ahead and crumble them over the large bowl. Toss the cake with 1/2 of the remaining cookie crumbs and add the chilled pudding for about two or three scoop. We just want the cake to be moist not soggy, so you probably need just a little bit of the pudding not whole of it.
- Prepare the brand new litter box or if you don’t have one, you can just use the large rectangular box and line it with parchment paper. And put the cake mix here.
- Put about half unwrapped tootsie rolls in microwave and heat them until softened. Shape the ends so that they are no longer blunt.
- And now, bury the tootsies randomly in the cake and sprinkle about small amount of the green cookie crumbs all over the top of the cake.
- Heat about 4-5 tootsie roll in the microwave just until they are almost melted and scrape then on the top of the cake and sprinkle with some of the green cookie crumbs.
And you are ready to serve this cake or you may want to eat them immediately. Just go ahead and enjoy your cake.
Don’t forget to share and let me know what you think on the comment section below!