It is not until your spoon breaks through the white chocolate lava cake’s outer crust, that you find its pudding-like center.
This dessert has been described as souffle-like, brownie-like and pudding-like, and that is because it has all of these characteristics. White chocolate lava cake or chocolate fondant, have a rich and chocolately flavor, and texture that is moist and dense. These cakes will rise beautifully as they bake (like a souffle), but once they are removed from the oven they will slowly deflate.
The chocolate lava cake was originally invented back in 1987 by a chef from New York named Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The story goes that he pulled a chocolate sponge cake from the oven before it was completely cooked. As their name implies, chocolate lava cake was made from the dark chocolate and are usually served hot, often with a chocolate sauce and added with vanilla ice cream as the garnish. They are also accompanied with clotted cream or whipped cream. The leftovers can be placed in fridge and eaten cold the next day (or you can reheat in the microwave). The one thing everyone agrees on is that they have an intense chocolate flavor so use a very good dark chocolate is the best thing to determine the cake result. But as the time goes by, many innovations made on the cake, this time not only the dark chocolate that can be used as ingredients to make chocolate lava cake, but also comes with white chocolate. If usually we often see chocolate cake is presented with a dark color, today we are going to serve the chocolate lava cake with a lighter color.
Like making chocolate lava cake in general, all materials used are the same, only the use of white chocolate that will make this cake a different color than usual.
There is no better feeling than seeing that your lava cake melted out as you first cut into it. Besides, I also like to add the blackberry liquid all over the top of the cake just to make the look even prettier. But the best thing of making the blackberry liquid is that I’m adding the chili or peppercorns into the blackberry liquid sauce just to make the flavor even stronger.
When making these cakes you can use the individual molds, custard cups, ramekins or even muffin pans. The cakes can be served in their molds but if you want to remove them from their cups, then you need to grease the mold first either using butter or pray them with a non-stick cooking spray. So that when you remove them from the molds they gonna be easier to released. You may want to first run a knife around each cake before you release them from their pans. And the other best things about the cake is that you cake make the batter several hours in advance of baking. So that if you’re having some kinds of other job you have to do, you can just leave the batter for moment and go finish your business. Just pour the batter into each molds, cover them with plastic wrap and place them in the fridge and when you come back, you can go ahead and bake them in the oven.
And here’s I’m giving you some review of how to make the cake. First thing you may have to do to make the cake is melt down the butter and white chocolate in the microwave and give a good stir so they won’t burn. In the mean time you can go ahead and mix the sugar and eggs and give a good stir. Once your chocolate mixture came out from the oven, stir it and cool to room temperature then add the egg mixture, again give a good stir. Add flour, whisk it up and pour the batter into individual molds and before baking, place them in the freezer for at least 4 hours, then bake to the oven until cooked well. While then, you can go on and make the blackberry liquid by placing the blueberries in the food processor, add honey and peppercorns and process them until turned into paste. Once your cake cooked from the oven, allow them to rest and cool to room temperature then you are ready to serve them on the serving plate and pour the top of the cake with blackberry liquid.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Homemade Chili’s White Chocolate Lava Cake with Chocolate Fondant:
- 200 g white chocolate
- 100 g salted butter
- 100 g vanilla sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 5 eggs
Ingredients for Blackberry Liquid Sauce:
- 200 g blackberries
- 1 pinch freshly ground peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon honey
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Homemade Chili’s White Chocolate Lava Cake with Chocolate Fondant:
- To get ready of making the white chocolate lava cake is that you can first preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and place the rack to the center of the oven. Then grease or spray 4 cake moulds with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Then, break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl along with the butter and melt them gently in the microwave for about 20 seconds at a time, just until they all melted together well.
- Next, crack the eggs into another bowl and whisk together along with the sugar and give a good stir. Then mix the chocolate-mixture with the egg-mixture until incorporated well.
- Add the flour to the batter, and gently fold them together until the flour disappears.
- Pour the batter into the molds, divide them with equal portion and before baking you can first place them in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- After that, you are ready to bake the cakes in the oven for about 15 minutes or until you see the cakes turned golden brown o the edges.
- While your cake baking, you can go ahead and make the blackberry sauce liquid. Wash all the blackberries and blend them using food processor along with the honey and ground mixed peppercorns or chili.
- Once your lava cakes cooked, remove them from the oven.
You can serve the cakes in their pans, but if your want to remove them from their cups, just fell free to do that. When remove the cake from pans, you may need to run the knife around the cup to make them easier to release. Serve the cakes on the serving plate and place the blackberry sauce over the top of the cake.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe by clicking the share button and let me know what you think on the comment section below!