This is a nice and delicious sponge cake that decorated into the monkey form.
The cake is actually can be formed with a monkey-cake-pan (the pan that has the monkey-form) you can get this type of pan at the store. Make the cake using this pan would be so much easier than manually decorate the cake into the monkey-shaped. And this is what I’m going to do to make my monkey banana cake.
The monkey banana cake is basically the simple and super easy cake to make since I decided to use the monkey-cake-pan to make the cake. Considering that the favorite monkey’s food is banana, that’s one of the reasons I’d love to add the mashed banana to my cake batter. This ingredient is going to give a strong and rich flavor into the cake batter that we make. A good example is this banana cake, which has the soft sweetness of mashed bananas with nice and delicious texture. While quite tasty on its own, I love to decorate the cake with chocolate milk all over the top of the cake. But if you don’t have the monkey-cake-pan, you can just use the round pan and form the cake into the monkey form and you can decorate the cake using fondant or icing and customize it to whatever decorate you want.
This monkey banana cake is delicious recipe and the super simple cake recipe I’ve ever made. The cake is suit for party or some special occasions such as thanks giving, birthday party or even Christmas, especially want you want to serve the cake for the kids, the cute and unique shape of the cake will make the kids fall in love.
Since bananas go so well to add to the batter, make sure that you pick the fresh and good quality of your bananas. If it possible to you to get the best quality of banana, the organic one would be the great choice. And the most important thing of making the food is that always remember to keep the hygiene, so before making the cake make sure that you washed the banana and all the ingredients including the stuff you used.
Making the monkey banana cake is fun and will surprise you, the generous dollop of the secret ingredient (mayonnaise) in the cake batter make the fluffiest and lightest sponge ever. Combined with the flavor of banana and cardamom it’s definite winner. To make the it fridgeCam material we bung it in a monkey-cake-pan and dress barry up on a very special outfit. First thing you may have to do to make this special ad easy monkey banana cake is mash the peeled banana with the back of a fork and beat it with the caster sugar and water just until everything is combined well. Add the flour and cardamom to the mixture and whisk it up. Then add the mayonnaise and salt and again beat them together until well combined. (You might also like: Spiderman birthday cake ideas)
Once you have done with the batter, then grab the monkey-cake-pan and spray it with a non-stick cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan and bake it to the oven just until the cake is completely cooked or until you insert the wooden pick to the center of the cake it comes out clean. Allow the cake cool to room temperature and you are ready to remove it from the pan and place it on the serving plate. You can decorate your monkey cake to make it look prettier such as add the different color of the icing and add come candies over the top of the cake or you can cover it with fondant.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Best and Homemade Monkey Banana Birthday Cake:
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 125 ml cold water
- 250 grams banana, mashed
- 250 grams plain flour
- 250 grams mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 carton ready made custard (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 fondant icing and coloring
Instructions of How to Make Easy, Best and Homemade Monkey Banana Birthday Cake:
- To get ready of making the cake, you can first start the steps by preheating the oven to 180 degrees C and place the rack to the center of the oven and do not forget to press the “Start” button to set the heat.
- Grease or spray a 2 x 23 cm diameter of monkey-cake-pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Then, in a large mixing bowl, place the peeled banana and mash it with the back of fork just until the banana is completely mashed. Pour the caster sugar and whisk it up using a wire whisk just until everything well combined.
- Add the flour to the mixture along with the raising agent and cardamom. Beat in the mayonnaise and salt until well combined.
- Once you have done mixing the batter, now you can pour it into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula to flatten the surface.
- Bake the cake to the oven for about 35 minutes or until you inserted the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean and when you press it, the cake is spring back.
- Once the cake cooked, remove it from the oven and place the cake on the wire rack, let it cool to room temperature and do not remove the cake from the pan yet for about 15 minutes.
- After about 15 minutes, now you can slowly invert the cake to the serving plate.
If you are using the round cake version you can sandwich the two round cakes with a layer of cold custard. And decorate to highlight features of the monkey with colored fondant icing. If the cake isn’t immediately served, you can first place the cake in the fridge and let the cake sit for about 2 hours or more and then you are ready to serve the cake as a birthday gift to your kids of a birthday cake for your friends.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with your friends or family and let me know what kind of pan do you use and which method is better between using the monkey-cake-pan or the round pan, on the comment section down below!