This is the moist, nice and yummy flourless cake that I totally love.
I find myself making this chocolate almond torte when I really want to eat the chocolate as much as I could. I love this chocolate cake, especially the moist texture and it is wonderfully rich chocolate flavor. One thing that is unique in this almond torte cake is that the ground almonds are used instead of the flour in this cake. The ground almonds add a subtle almond flavor as well as a pleasant coarseness to the torte cake’s texture.
When you make this type of cake you will notice that during baking, the torte will rise and the surface will become all cracked and crisp. However, as the cake cool the torte shrinks and it leaves a crater like top. I love how the crisp outside crust is the perfect contrast to the moist interior of the cake. But don’t worry if the pieces of the crust fall of. That is what is so great about the cake, how rustic it looks. So just go ahead and press any fallen pieces back into place.
The torte cake is very simple and you can make it in the same day you want to serve it, result in a wonderfully soft and nice cake with a strong chocolate flavor. But I think the best way to eat the cake is place the cake in the fridge over overnight before it’s served. The moist and smooth texture of the cake is the great things about this cake. The torte almond cake is excellent served plain either just dusting with powder sugar or sweet cocoa powder.
This is a simple and easy cake to make. Like you make the cakes in general, all you need to do is place the almond with a sugar in food processor and process them until everything is well ground. Then in another mixing bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan of simmering water. Once the chocolate melted allow to cool to room temperature. Then beat the egg yolk until light and fluffy and mix with the melted chocolate along with the ground almond mixture and gently fold them together just until everything is well combined.
In another bowl of your mixer beat together the egg whites until soft peaks form and gradually add with the sugar and continue to beat it. And finally fold the egg white with the cake batter jus until incorporated. Once you have done with the batter, now time to pour the batter into the pan and bake it to the oven just until the cake is cooked well. Or you can also test whether your cake is ready to remove or by inserting the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean when you press them slightly.
After the cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and transfer the cake on the wire rack to help the cake cool faster. Once your cake is cool to room temperature, invert it into the serving plate. If the cake isn’t immediately served, you can place it to the fridge for about 2 hours or overnight just to make the cake sit. Then you are ready to serve it.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy and Moist Chocolate Ground Almond Torte Flourless Cake:
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Instructions of How to Make Easy and Moist Chocolate Ground Almond Torte Flourless Cake:
- First thing you may have to do to start the step is preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack to the center of the oven and don’t forget to press the “start” button to set the heat. Then grease or spray it with a non-stick cooking spray an 8 x 3 inch of spring form pan. Line the bottom of the pan using parchment paper.
- Before we continue to make the batter, separate the egg yolks and the egg whites first while they are still cold out from the fridge and cover them with the plastic wrap and leave it to room temperature.
- Next, Place together the almonds along with 1 tablespoon of sugar in the food processor and process it until everything is finely ground. But remember do not over process it or you will end up with a grainy paste of you mixture.
- In a medium saucepan of simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate and stir it just until everything is well combined. Once the it’s melted, remove it from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Now, in a bowl of your hand mixer or stand mixer that fitted with paddle attachment beat together the egg yolks and 1/2 cup of sugar until thick and pale for about 2-3 minutes. Pour the melted mixture and vanilla extract to the egg yolks mixture and fold in the salt and ground almonds.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form for about 3-4 minutes. And gradually sprinkle the rest of the sugar and again beat it until soft peaks form. Fold about 1/4 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. And quickly fold in the rest of the egg whites mixture just until everything is incorporated.
- Once you have done with the batter, now pour it into the prepared pan, using a spatula or spoon, smooth the top of the batter to flatten the surface. Then bake it to the preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes or until the cake cooked well and when you insert the toothpick to the center of the cake it comes out clean and the cake spring back when you press them slightly.
- Once your cake is done, remove it from the oven and transfer it to the wire rack. The cake will rise during baking but falls during process to cool down, but don’t worry it will leave a cracked and crisp crust all around the cake. Once the cake cooled, run the spatula all around the inside of the pan and try to release the cake from the pan.
Once you get the cake released, place it on the serving plate and put it in the fridge to set the cake. So when you cut and eat it, you’ll find a good result of the cake.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe and let me know what you think on the comment section below!