The name of the cake may little bit deceptive and that is why some people prefer to named it as a dump cake. When people are not praising for the yummy taste, they tended to desire something that is easy to make.
A dump cake is generally cake that combined with a canned fruit, such as pineapples and cherries. These canned fruits are the most preferred fruit to mix with dump cake. The fruits are usually drained and mixed on the bottom of the baking dish. Then, people will add yellow or white cake mix, and simply pouring the mix right over the fruits. Therefore, the recipe for this cake has many variations but most then direct people to add slice of the butter or the melted butter on the top of the cake. And when the cake is baked, it has a lovely crust that is buttery, sweet and little bit sour taste on the top of the cake, especially when the cake is already on your mouth, the fresh and yummy sensation will spoil your taste buds.
Sometimes it’s difficult to find dessert recipes that are easier to make at your home than a dump cake. With the exception of stirring the fruit, you really need to try to make this dessert at your home. It’s a great recipe for the beginning cooks, especially the young one. If you want to add some taste variation to your cake, you can do it by changing the fruits you use. Though the canned fruits are frequently recommended, you can also use the fresh fruits. While you enjoy your dump cake plain, you can also add some ice cream or you may want to sprinkle the cake with chocolate or slice of the fruits. And here’s how to make the easy dessert dump cake.
Ingredients of How to Make Dump Cake :
- 1 canned fruit or some kind of pie filling (Cherries canned)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 box unsalted butter
Instructions of How to Make Dump Cake :
- First of all you may start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F or it’s 175 Celcius.
- Prepare the baking dish and doesn’t take a very long time to make the cake, you just need to take the cherries canned that you have prepared before and open it up and pour the cherries into the baking dish. You can also spread the cherries over the baking dish with your spatula. Cherry is one of my favorite but if you want, you can subtitute it with other fruits or anything you like.
- Next, place the butter into the glass baking and put it into the microwave wait until the butter is completely melted, it’s gonna take about 60 seconds or more. I’ve seen many people do something where they just slice the butter and put it on the top of the cake. But I found a lot easier to make the butter more evenly distributed over the top of the cake. So you can do like I did or you can just slice the butter on the top of the cake.
- Once the butter is melted, remove it from microwave, wait for about few minutes until the butter is cooled. While you’re waiting, pour the yellow cake mix on the top of the cherries. Alternately add the melted butter on the top.
- Once your cake is sufficiently buttered, go ahead and put it into your oven that you have already set to 350 degrees F. And just let it bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the cake becomes golden brown. Once you see the beautiful golden brown on the top of the cake you’ll also see there’re many bubble comes out from the cherries.
- It is now done, additionally you can add some ice cream, chocolate, or you can add some sugar powder or anything you like.
Now, the easy yummy dessert dump cake is ready to be served, you can bring this cake as a gift to your friend or you may want to eat it with your family.
Share this cake recipe with your family and friend also don’t forget to leave your comment below.