Who doesn’t familiar with black forest? A very authentic and yummy dish make this cake has a lot of fans.
And if you really able to make it, it’s gonna have your guest talking about it for weeks.
is the English name of a German dessert. Typically, this cake consists of several layers of chocolate cake, with coated with whipped cream and cherries between each layer. Then the cake is also decorated with chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and many more. In some European traditions sour cherries are used both between the decorating the tops and the layers and it also has different layers in different tradition like German and America. In North America, Black Forest cake is generally prepared without alcohol (citizen needed). But the true Black Forest Cakes are decorated with black cherries.
This cake isn’t meant to be very sweet but is rather a dessert for adults with deep rich flavors and enough alcohol to make your head spin. But nowadays, there are a variety of cakes that can be served and customized to the tastes.
A rich, delicious and indulgent cake, it will have your taste buds ask for more. Now, for those of you who currently hungry and cannot wait to know how to make this delicious cake, let’s check this out.
Ingredients of How to Make Black Forest Cake :
- 600g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 400g unsalted butter, softened
- 11/2 cups caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cherry brandy
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 11/2 cups cocoa powder
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup milk
- 600 ml thickened cream, whipped
Instructions of How to Make Black Forest Cake :
1. First, you can start it by preheating your oven to 180 deegrees before making the dough. And grease and line bases of two deep the 23 cm pan.
2. Then, cream sugar and butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer until it’s pale and fluffy. Once it’s done, add the eggs, one at time and beating well. Add vanilla and beat it well as you did before.
3. Sift the flours, cocoa and soda together onto a sheet of baking paper. Fold using a large spoon and gradually pour the milks. And stir it until it completely blended well and soft.
4. Divide mix between pans and smooth tops. And bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the cake is cooked when the tested with a toothpick. Once it’s done, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes before put it out onto the wire rack and cooling completely.
5. Now it’s the time to serve the Black Forest cake. Cut the cakes into 3 layers, to make 6 layers. Place the first cake layer on a cake stand. Spread the cream and kirsch over the top of the layer. Sprinkle one-sixth of the cherries. Repeat it finishing with cherries. And you can decorate the top of the cake with whipped cream or chocolate shavings or anything you like. Refrigerate until required. Freeze the cake will make your cake easier to cut into layers.
Don’t forget to share this cake recipe wth your friend or family and leave the comment below.