Russian tea cake is really nice, crunchy the outside and soft inside, the cake is really melt-in-your mouth and you will feel how great and wonderful the taste is.
Like cookie that goes by many names they are Mexican wedding cakes, a Snowdrop, an Italian Butter Nut, a Viennese Sugar Ball and a Southern Pecan Butterball. These cakes are very popular, not only during the wedding, but also during Christmas season, christenings and any other occasions. Especially for children they love the sweet food, including this Russian tea cakes. Looking at these cookies you could mistake them for melting moments, as only difference between the two is that Russian tea cake contains ground nuts (either hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds or pecans).
The secret to great the testing of Russian tea cake is to use a high quality pure vanilla extract and butter. Butter in the Stats is graded according to flavor, texture, color, body and aroma and one easy way to tell the quality of the butter is by the letter code or numerical number listed on the butter’s package. Let me tell you that the highest grade is AA (93 score), the A (92 score) and followed by B (90 score). To make the great testing the choice is yours, so make sure that you pick the best quality to make your cake has a better taste.
This basically a simple cake and easy to be made, once you get all the ingredients you can just mix and follow the step, bake the dough and then you’ve got your homemade Russian tea cake as you dream about. All you need to do to make this cake is just bake the nuts first on the oven until the nuts is golden brown. Then in a another bowl, mix together the ingredients such as butter and sugar and beat it until light and fluffy add that flour until well combined and add the nuts knead it down and place the dough in the fridge until it’s just firm.
Next, form the dough into small balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake it until the cake is cooked well. You can see if the cake turns golden brown, it means your cake is ready to remove from the oven. Before you serve this cake, you can also roll the cake while they are still hot from the oven in the sifted confectioner’s sugar in a bowl. And you can just leave the cake cool to room temperature and serve it.
Believe me this going to be easy and fun, just remember to start the step after you get all the ingredients.
Ingredients of How to Make Best, Easy Russian Tea:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans)
- 1 cup butter (unsalted)
- For Topping:
- 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
Instructions of How to Make Best, Easy Russian Tea Cake:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and place the rack to the center of the oven and press the start button to set.
- Next, we are going to toast the nuts. Place the nuts on the pan and bake them for about 6-9 minutes, or until they are fragrant and the color turns brown. Once your nuts is cooked well, remove from the oven and leave it to room temperature and place them along with 2 tablespoon of flour from the recipe into food processor that fitted with a metal blade and beat it until they are finely ground but not a paste.
- Then in a bowl of you stand or electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until it’s light and fluffy for about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the remaining salt and flour and beat it again until it’s well combined. Stir the nuts, cover and place the dough in the fridge for about an hour or until firm.
- Now, we’re gonna preheat again the oven to 350 degrees to bake the dough. And line the pan or a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now, remove the dough from the fridge and form the cold dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets and bake them to the oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until you see the edges of the cookies turns brown. It means your cookies are ready to remove from the oven.
- Once your cookies are removed, place them on the wire rack before we continue to the next step.
- While baking the remaining cake, you can make the frosting. Place the sifted confectioner’s sugar in a medium mixing bowl. And take the cookies while they are still hot from the oven and roll the, on the sifted confectioner’s sugar one at a time, make sure that all the cake is covered with the sugar powder or confectioner’s sugar. Or you can also just put the cake in a serving plate and drizzling the confectioner’s sugar all over the top of the cookies, so you won’t have to remove the cookies and do the frosting one by one.
You serve these cookies immediately after you just done making all the cookies, or you may want to store them in an airtight container and serve them to your friends or family that comes to visit you.
If you like this special cake recipe, don’t forget to share it and let me know what you think on the comment box below!