A banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. In the classic from banana split is served along dish called a boat.
The banana is cut in half lengthwise (hence the split) and lain n the dish based with the cracker crumbs. There are many variations of banana split, but the classic banana split is made with a scoop of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream and served in a row between the banana split . In no particular order, pineapple, chocolate sauce and strawberry are spooned over the strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream. It is also garnished with chopped nuts, maraschino cherry and whipped cream.
Banana split is a yummy and delicious dessert that often enjoyed during the last day of summer. This dessert is one of many desserts that always been the most requested. The rich flavor and the fresh sensations made this dessert is the lovely and admired by many people.
Talking about the summer, it’s few days ahead and that means we have to prepare all the lovely food and the special dish to make the summer more perfect. This banana split dessert is available in some cafe and restaurant, but for those of you who might think want to eat banana split as much as you dream about and there’s no need to pay for what you eat, then create the homemade banana split may be the answer. This is a super easy and simple dessert to make after you get all the ingredients and listen carefully for the steps you will be able to make a special banana split dessert by your own self.
All you need to do to make this banana split dessert is just pouring the cracker crumbs into a baking dish as a base then pour the melted butter and spread it out evenly over the bottom. Then, add the banana slice over the top of the cracker crumbs. Next, add the ice cream as a layer. Again add the chopped nuts. If you don’t really like the nuts from some special reason, you can substitute it with pecans or walnuts. Once you have done, place this banana layers to the fridge until all the ingredients are frozen well.
While your banana layer in on the fridge, go o and make the chocolate sauce. In a medium sauce pan add together the powdered sugar, chocolate chips, milk and vanilla extract and stir it continually over the low to medium heat and bring it to boiled and cook it until it thickens. Once the chocolate is done, leave it to room temperature and place it to fridge.
After your banana layers is frozen well and the chocolate at room temperature just pour the chocolate sauce over the top and make sure that all the chocolate is well distributed. Then add the whipped cream covering the chocolate sauce, finally add the chopped nuts again along with the cherries as garnish. And place it to the fridge to set the banana split and after that you ready to cut and serve it. Just believe me this going to be so easy, so simple and so fun. All you need to do is write down all the recipe put in place that can be reached by your eyes and let’s go to the kitchen and get ready for the fun cooking.
Instructions of How to Make Banana Split Dessert Ice Cream with Whipped Topping:
- 1 ½ cups cracker crumbs
- 4 bananas, peeled and sliced
- ½ gallon ice cream (any brands)
- 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup pecans pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8-oun1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-ounce to carton Cool Whip
- ¼ cup additional pecan pieces (or nuts)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 stemmed maraschino cherries
Instructions of How to Make Banana Split Dessert Ice Cream with whipped Topping:
- Place the cracker crumbs and the melted butter in bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. And using a fork or spoon mix together the crumbs with butter just make sure that the butter is well distributed.
- Next, place the sliced bananas evenly over the crumb layer you can also place the sliced bananas one by one just to make it decorated well.
- Slice the ice cream into three with equal inches of each slice and using a knife or spatula, place the ice cream over the bananas. Then, sprinkle with pecans pieces and freeze this banana layer on the fridge.
- While your banana layer is on the fridge, let’s just continue by making the chocolate sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine together the icing sugar or confectioner’s sugar, evaporated milk and semi sweet chocolate chips and cook it over low to medium heat until it’s thickened. Once the chocolate is thickened remove it from the heat, add vanilla extract and cool it completely.
- After you bananas layer is frozen well, remove it from the fridge and pour this chocolate sauce all over the top of the layer and add the whipped cream, make sure that the whipped cream is cover the chocolate sauce so you get the white and smooth surface.
- Now, garnish the top of the layer with cherries and chopped nuts, cover it with plastic wrap and again place it back to the fridge until serving time.
Remove the banana split from the fridge after 15 minutes or more, to serve this you can cut it into a small square and place them on a cute serving plate.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe and leave your comments below!