As the name suggests, bedside tables offer you convenient storage stations where you can access all of your stuff easily. They can enhance the beauty and comfort of your beloved bedroom at the same time.
Below, we share with you a quick guide on How to Choose Bedside Tables that will help you to get the best one.
How to Choose Bedside Tables
How many do you want?
This is the first question that you need to ask yourself. Determine how many bedside tables you’d like to decorate your bedroom.
Many of you might want to place two nightstands on two sides of your bed, but this is not the only consideration, especially if you have a bedroom with limited space. You need to see the space available around whether it fits for two nightstands properly or not. If two nightstands overwhelm the nuance inside, just let it go.
What type of nightstand that you actually need?
To decide what type of nightstand which is right for you, you can refer to your own personal needs. Each type of nightstand is designed to provide different ways to store your stuff.
Here’s what you can consider:
- Bedside cabinet – Commonly, this type of nightstand comes with drawers, doors, or a combination of both.
- Open shelf nightstand – For you want to have a more contemporary decor, an open shelf nightstand is a good option.
- Dresser style – Another type of nightstand for a large master bedroom that works well to store small clothing items.
- Floating nightstand – Do you have a modern minimalist bedroom? Install floating bedroom nightstands to create a very sophisticated overall look.
- Bedside tables – If those types of nightstands don’t really suit your taste, you can simply choose actual tables that you can use to store your stuff conveniently.
(You may also like: How to Decorate Windowless Bedroom in a Chic and Cozy Way)
How big is your bedroom?
This question will help you to determine the size of the nightstand that you should buy. Of course, you should choose the one that fits the empty space available on the side of your bed. It doesn’t only about the flooring space, but also the height of the ceiling. An easy rule of thumb is that you can refer to the height of your mattress to choose the height of your nightstands.
What materials that you should choose?
As you may have been aware, wood is always the top option when it comes to nightstand materials. The other options are metal, glass, stone (like marbles and quartz), and acrylic. You might want to do some research to check the plus and minus points of each material.
What style suits your taste well?
The style of bedroom nightstands is also determined by the material (including the hardware) that builds them up. They can create a sense of simplicity or ornamental. Of course, the safest idea is to always match the design of your nightstands with the existing decorating style of the room.