This special and yummy cake is clearly a dessert cake from Italy.
Literally translated, Tiramisu means “carry me up” or pick me up” which this probably means the solicitation to eat this special cake. It is a popular coffee-flavored Italian dessert that is made of ladyfingers.
You can add some frosting on the top of the cake with the delicious and set whipped cream, shaved chocolate or maybe you can also dust the top with cocoa powder just to make the cake looks even prettier. It is a good idea to make the Tiramisu cake a day before serving, so all the flavors have time to soften and mingle and it has become firm enough to slice easily. If you want a firmer and have the good texture of your Tiramisu cake, you should place it in the fridge for about 1-3 hours before serving.
So let’s talk about the ingredients, all you need to do to make this special tiramisu cake are prepare the eggs, flour, sugar and vanilla extract. You just need to beat the eggs using you mixer on the high speed and gradually add the sugar and just continue beating it just until you get the fluffy and nice texture of your eggs mixture.
While you’re waiting the batter, go ahead and grease your pan so when you pour the batter into the pan, it won’t be sticking when you pull out the cake from the pan. Then in another bowl, sift the flour, this good to make the texture of the cake better, because we want to make the cake has the light and airy texture. Once you have done, have your mixer off and pour the flour to the batter and gently fold them until the batter and the fold mixed together well.
Pour it to the prepared pan and bake it to the oven until cooked well and let your cake cool completely. Once you have your cake cooled, you can cut in half to make two layers. Set one cake layer on the wire rack or serving plate and brush with the coffee syrup and spread the frosting over the first cake layer, cover with another layer and you can add the frosting and decorate it as pretty as you want.
The ingredients are so easy but we’re not going to use the mascarpone cheese but the taste and the texture still delicious. The frosting is light and fabulous. And this version of tiramisu cake is actually taste good for a couple days after you made it. Hope you enjoy it!
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Tiramisu Cake:
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
Ingredients of How to Make Frosting:
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream (make sure that you are using very cold ones)
- 1 stick cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
Ingredients of How to Make Coffee Syrup & Topping:
- 1 1/2 cups Strong coffee
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon rum
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
Instructions of How to Make Easy Tiramisu Cake:
- You can start the first step by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and make sure that you placed the rack to the center of the oven.
- Butter or spray a 9″ cake pan using the cooking spray and line the bottom of the cake pan using the parchment paper to keep the cake not to stick to the oven and make it easier when you pull the cake out from oven (you can also use two 9″ cake pans to make the cake layers, but keep in mind, using 2 pans will take less time to make).
- In a bowl of your stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the eggs on high speed for about 1 minute. With mixer on, gradually add the sugar and keep beating them for about 5 minutes just until the egg mixture turn thick, yellow pale and triple in volume.
- While waiting your egg mixture turns as good as we want, you can sift the flour. Just to know, this is the important step because you want your cake light and airy and sifting is really easy and quick step, so make sure that your work on this step.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the mixer and again sift the flour before you pour it into the batter. Once you have done, gently fold the batter until you cannot see the flour on the batter which that means you have your batter combined well. And add the vanilla extract, whisk it again.
- Once you have done, pour the batter into the prepared pan and using your wooden spoon, smooth the top of the batter to flatten the surface. And now it is ready to be baked to the oven for about 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and when you insert the toothpick it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cools once it just comes out from the oven for about 5 minutes. You can place it on the wire rack to help the cake cools faster. Next, remove the cake from the pans and let the cake cool completely until it turns to room temperature before we do frosting.
- Once it’s cool to room temperature. Cut the cake in half to make two cake layers and then remove the parchment paper. And set aside.
- Now, we are going to make the cake frosting. First, to make a good result of your frosting cream, make sure that you freeze or place your mixing bowl in the fridge and whisk attachment 10-15 minutes prior to beating cream. Keep cream on fridge until it’s ready to use. The colder it is, the better it whips. Also make sure that you are using heavy whipping cream. Beat the heavy whipping cream on high speed for about 2 minutes until stiff but just don’t over beat it. Then transfer whipped cream to a medium bowl and refrigerate it until it’s ready to use. In the same bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar on medium/high speed until they are creamy and smooth. Pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold them until they are mixed well and place the frosting in the fridge until ready to be used.
- Here’s how to make the coffee syrup. Mix the coffee and sugar and stir it together well and add the rum.
- Now, we are ready to assemble the cake. Place one of the cake layers on the serving plate. Brush the top of the cake using the coffee syrup and spread the 1/3 of frosting on the top of the first cake layer and cover it with another cake layer and evenly pour the rest of coffee syrup on the top of the cake. Finally, pour the remaining frosting all over the cake top and the sides just make sure that the frosting covers all the cake.
You can also decorate the cake using your frosting and place it to the piping bag and make the cute decoration round the edges of the cake. And end with dusting the cocoa powder all over the top of the cake.
Don’t forget to share and leave your comment below!