This is a really moist and yummy cake that everyone loves.
Pistachio is a plant that includes Anacardiaceae, genus Pistacia. Pistachio is actually a fruit, because the seeds are good to eat, it is often classified as a bean seeds (such as cashews and almonds). In addition to good the taste, pistachio nuts also contain many beneficial nutrients. Here are some benefits of eating pistachios, they are nourish the blood and improve the immune system, beautify the skin, healthy eyesight and many more.
If you are a fan of French dessert, you may often find the taste of pistachio in macaroon. Types of green beans are often used as material for dessert. Speaking about the ingredients and the steps, the pistachio cake is one of the cakes that is easy to make and uses the simple ingredients. To make the pistachio cake all you need to do is chop the pistachio using food processor until it’s coarsely chopped. In a large bowl, pour the chopped pistachio and whisk it using the wire whisk, add the sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and small pinch of salt, stir t until all well combined.
Then in a bowl mixer using the paddle attachment on high speed, cream butter until thickens and gradually add the sugar and vanilla and beat it again until combined. Add the egg and the mixture flour ingredients and again beat them until mixed together well and add the ice cold water, mix it up. In another bowl, beat the egg white until double in sized and gently fold them with the batter until well combined. Pour the batter into three prepared pans in equal portions and bake them to the preheated oven until the cakes are cooked well. Let the cake cool completely. Go on to the next step by making the cream frosting. In a saucepan combine sugar, milk and heavy cream and stir it until it thickens. Transfer the milk mixture to the mixer bowl and beat it until it’s cooling down and add the batter, again beat them until well combined, add the honey and vanilla and mix it again. Finally, you can assemble your cakes by put the first cake layer on the serving plate and spread the cream all over the top and cover with another cake and repeat the process until all the cakes are assembled.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Pistachio Cake with Sweet Honey Vanilla Buttercream:
For The Cake:
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups ice-water
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
For The Buttercream:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
Instructions of How to Make Easy Pistachio Cake with Sweet Honey Vanilla Buttercream:
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease three 9-inch cake pans with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper and grease it again then dust the pans with a little bit of flour and spread it out until the bottom of the pans covered with the flour.
- Next, on a measuring cup put some ice cube and pour the water and set aside.
- Place the pistachio into the food processor and pulse it until the pistachio is coarsely chopped. Remove 2 tablespoon of pistachio from the food processor and place it into a small bowl. Now, continue to chop the remaining pistachio until they finely chopped.
- Transfer the chopped pistachio in a large bowl and mix it up, then add the sifted ingredients such as flour, baking soda, baking powder and a small pinch of salt and mix it again until they all combined well.
- Cream the butter in a bowl mixer for about 3 minutes and add the egg and beat it until just combined.
- Add the 1/3 mixture dry ingredient to the butter and beat them on low speed until they all combined alternately with the ice cold water. Repeat the process until all ingredients is mixed together.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and double n size and gently fold them with the batter until they all mixed together.
- Now, it is time to pour the batter into the pans. Dive the batter into three equal portions and smooth the top using spatula to flatten the surface. And bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the cake is cooked completely.
- Once your cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool completely and remove it from their pans before frosting.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, combined together the flour, sugar, milk and heavy cream and whisk it until smooth and thicken. Just remember to always stir this batter whole the time it’s ready to remove from the heat.
- Pour the hot mixture into a bowl of stand mixer and beat it to cool the mixture. Once it’s cooled, add the butter into it and beat it again on high speed until it’s become thick and fluffy. Add honey and vanilla and again beat it until it’s combined well.
- Using a large serrated knife, level the cakes. Place one cake layer on a board or on the serving plate and spread the butter cream all over the top and cover with another cake. Repeat the process until all cake is assembled well. Place the final layer (bottom side up) start spreading the frosting from the top of the cake and work your way to the sides until all the cake is covered with the cream.
Evenly spread the remaining frosting on the side and top of the crumb-coated and cooled the cake. Then line the base of the cake with finely chopped pistachio and also sprinkle the pistachio on the top of the cake to make the cake looks prettier.
Share this special cake recipe and leave your comment below!