Pumpkin desserts are popular especially during the winter and fall months and this pumpkins spice cake is really good.
It has two delicious layers of moist and spicy pumpkin cake that are filled and frosted with cream icing.
This time, there are excellent brands of canned pure pumpkin puree that available in store which saves us both the time and effort of having to make our own. But if you want the more natural puree you can use the fresh pumpkin, but I suggest you to use the smaller pumpkin varieties like Baby Bear, Sugar Pie or Cheese Pumpkin. To make the puree, you can make it by cutting out the pumpkin in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and stringy fibers and place the cut side-down on a greased baking sheet then bake it to the oven at 350 degrees F just until the pumpkin easily pierce with a knife. Once you have done bake the pumpkin, use a spoon on scoop and scoop out the pulp and puree in blender or you can also use the food processor until the pumpkin turns smooth. To extract the liquid, strain through a cheesecloth line strainer and cool the puree before using. But just remember that if you decided to use the pumpkin nit the canned pumpkin, the fresh one would be so much better and make the cake result better.
And speaking about the batter and ingredients this pumpkin cinnamon spice cake is extremely easy so for those of you who want to make this at home, you can make it easily. All you need to do is just mixing the dry ingredient in a large mixing bowl such as flour, baking soda and salt and make sure that everything is well combined. Then in another mixing bowl, place together the granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter and using the hand or stand mixer beat them until everything is mixed well. Add the eggs one at a time and mix it until you get a good consistency. After that, using a spatula fold the batter until everything is well combined.
Next, add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and gently fold them together. Then add the flour mixture alternately pour buttermilk and beat them again until everything is blended well. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk it up using a spatula. Divide the batter to 3 prepared pans in equal portions and bake them to the preheated oven just until all the cakes are cooked well. Once your cake is done, remove it from the oven and let the cake cools in their pans before we add frosting.
While your cakes are on process to cool down, let’s just go on and making the cream frosting. In a medium mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and butter and go ahead beat them until they are creamy. Pour a little bit of heavy cream and again mix it up. Add the powdered sugar then keep beating it until everything is well combined. Add the cinnamon and vanilla extract then gently fold it. Once your cakes are cool to room temperature, time to assemble the cake by placing the cake and spread the cream frosting over the top and repeat the process until everything is assemble together. You’re done there and that’s gonna be so easy when you already have the ingredients. So, what for what else? Let’s get the recipe and let go to the kitchen.
Ingredients of How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe with Cinnamon Cream Cheese:
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 15 ounce puree canned pumpkin
Ingredient for Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 packs cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened, softened
- Cinnamon (as much as you like)
Instructions of How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe with Cinnamon Cream Cheese:
- First of all you can start the step by preheating the oven to 275 F and place the rack to the center of the oven and don’t forget to pres the ‘Start’ button to set the heat. Then grease 3 round (9-inch) cake pans with butter and dust with flour, or you can also spray the pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking soda and salt make sure that everything is well combined. Set the bowl aside.
- In separate mixing bowl, cream together sugars (including the brown sugar) and butter just until smooth and nice.
- With the mixer running, beat the eggs one at a time until the egg is blended out with the batter.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in vanilla and pumpkin spice, then add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Then fold in puree pumpkin.
- Once you have done with the cake batter, now time to pour the batter into the prepared pans. Divide the batter to 3 equal portions and smooth the top using spatula to flatten the surface. And now, bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes or until the cakes are cooked well when you inserted the toothpick it comes out clean.
- Once the cakes are done, remove them from the oven and let the cakes cool in their pans.
- Go ahead and make the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, heavy cream and butter until smooth and nice. Pour the powdered sugar a little at a time until creamy and fold in vanilla extract and cinnamon until everything is well combined.
- Now it is time to assemble the cake. Place the firs layer of the cake on the serving plate and spread a little bit of cream frosting all over the top of the cake and cover with the next cake layer. Repeat the same method and finally cover all over the top of the cake to the sides with cream frosting just until all is covered well.
If the cake isn’t immediately served, you can place the cake on the fridge just until the cream turn cold to and make the cake easier to cut. And you are ready to serve your special cake.
Don’t forget to share and leave your comment below!