A great caramel cake is a lovely cake dessert that is really moist, nice and yummy.
This cake is always be the great cake idea to be served in any occasions such as family gathering, reunion and many more. This is yummy, lovely and one thing to know, the sweet taste of the cake is not only make the children fall in love but also adult love it as much as kids do. The moist buttermilk and coffee cake layers are flavored with coffee liqueur or we called it as Kahula and frosted the top of the cake with a salted caramel frosting. And glazed with glossy melted chocolate as the finishing on the top of the cake and also garnished with the coffee flavored macaroons on the top, it’s gonna make the cake looks even prettier.
This is super easy and you can totally try at your home. All you need to do to make this special cake is just mixing the cake batter as you make cake in general. It’s mixing the butter and sugar together until you have the nice and fluffy texture, then add the eggs along with the vanilla extract and mix it until they are well combined. Next, in a medium mixing bowl pour the coffee powder to the buttermilk and mix it up until it’s combined. In different bowl, mix together the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and salt. Once it’s done, put those two mixture ingredients to the eggs mixture alternately and beat them again until everything is well combined. In two prepared pans (greased pans) divide between two batters in equal portion and smooth the top to flatten the surface of the cake.
Once that’s done, continue to bake the cake to the oven until the cakes are cooked well. Once those two of cakes are cooked, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool completely. Slice the top of the cake using the cake knife to get the flat surface and do the same thing to the other cake. Also cut the cake into two layers so now you get 4 layers of your cake.
Place one cakes layer on the serving plate and evenly pour the coffee liquid on the top of the cake and cover the top using the butter cream or whipped cream, repeat the process to the remaining cake and finally you can decorate your cake as pretty as you want.
Ingredients of How to Make Coffee Caramel Cake:
For Coffee Cake Layers:
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Small pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp coffee powder
For Salted Caramel Frosting:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 14 oz dulce de leche
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 tbsp Kahula (if desired)
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 4.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
For soaking the cake layers:
- 1/2 cup Kahula
- Macaroons (coffee flavored)
Instructions of How to Make Coffee Caramel Cake Recipe with Chocolate Glaze:
- First thing you need to do is preheating your oven to 325 degrees F. And butter or spray 2, 8 inch cake pans with non-stick cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until they are thickens and fluffy for about 2-3 minutes. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat it again until you get a smooth texture. In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk and coffee and using your wire whisk or spoon mix it until they are combined well. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and salt, using the spoon mix it up until it’s mixed well. And alternately add the coffee mixture and dry ingredients to the batter on your bowl mixer and beat them on high speed until everything is mixed well and the texture becomes fluffy and smooth for about 5 minutes.
- Now, it’s time to pour the batter into the prepared pans. Divide the batter in two equal portions and smooth the top using spatula to flatten the batter surface. Then, bake the cake to the oven for about 45 minutes or until you inserted the toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean and the cake spring back when you press them slightly.
- Next, after your cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and let the cake cools in their pans. Remove the cakes from the pans, and place them on the wire rack and leave it to room temperature before we continue to the next step.
- Use serrated knife to level off the top and slice the layers in half.
- Next, we are going to make the frosting. Place butter into mixer bowl. And whisk it on high speed until the butter is light and fluffy the color turns pale. Then, add the dulce de leche also with the Kahula, if desired. And place the 3/4 of frosting into the piping bag tipped with star tip.
- Now, you are ready to assemble the cake. Using a spoon, soak each cake layer with coffee. Spread a little bit of frosting just to make the thin cover on the cake between layers and on sides and top. Place it into refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate glaze. In a saucepan until the mixture is almost simmering, but remember not to burn it. Once it’s done, turn off the heat and pick up the saucepan whisk in chocolate until it’s melted and leave it to room temperature for about 5 minutes before we spread it out on the top of the cake.
- Pour the chocolate glaze as garnish around the edges of the cake and let the chocolate drip down. Pour the chocolate over the top and smooth with spatula. Finally, pipe out the cream frosting on the top and place the macaroons on the top.
If the cake is not immediately served, place it into fridge, it’s gonna make the taste and the texture so much delicious.
Don’t forget to share and leave your comments below!