Who does not familiar with the ancient dishes,
Sweet flavor and old fashioned recipes that has always made this cake served with so special. Pound cakes were the cake made by our mothers, our grandmothers and it might be also cooked by our great-grandmothers. According to history, the name of ‘pound’ was given to this cake because the original cake recipe contained one pound flour, one pound eggs, one pound sugar and one pound butter. Pound cakes are generally baked in either Bundt mold or a loaf pan and served either with powdered sugar or dusted, lightly glazed or even sometimes with a coat of icing.
Therefore the history said the pound care is believed came from Northern European dish, that dates back to early Dapengs. Over the time the ingredients to make pound cakes changed. A woman named Eliza Leslie, who wrote the 1851 edition of cookery, used 10 eggs, and blend the as light as possible, mixed them with flour, then add some lemon juice of two lemons or three large orange, which this new ingredients changed the texture and the flavor of the cake. But in 2008 issue of Saveur, James Villas wrote that all the purpose flour wouldn’t work to make the good result for the cake because it lacks the strength to support the heavy batter.
There are numerous variations of the traditional pound cakes, with certain countries and regions having distinctive style. And now we’re going to make a sweet and yummy pound cake, while the pound cakes we make today often have different proportion from the original one, but they’re still moist and wonderfully rich and buttery with a lovely golden brown crust.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy, Moist and Yummy Pound Cake:
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) sifted cake flour
- 13 tsp (1/2 cup + 1/3 cup) (185 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
Instruction of How to Make Easy, Moist and Yummy Pound Cake :
1. Fist you may start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. While waiting for the oven to heat, butter or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, a 23x13x8 cm loaf pan. And line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and spray or butter the paper.