It is a perfect dessert that everyone loves, with chunks of apples, raisins and nuts as the additional ingredients and also wrapped in cinnamon-laced batter.
The best served of this cake is when it is still warm from the oven with a sprinkled by powdered sugar or softly whipped cream, a small scoop of vanilla ice cream or with a little heavy cream over the top, it would be absolutely delicious.
This cake is popular dessert made with the apples chunk as the main ingredient. Such a cake is made through the process of slicing the sweet fruit to add the fragrance to a cake plain base. But the traditional
has a step further by inserting a various spice such as cinnamon or nutmeg, which this spice will give a unique flavor. Upon the addition of spices the batter can also be accompanied by crushed nuts, the most popular being almonds and walnuts.
The cake also has many traditional variation forms such Dorset apple cake, Somerset apple cake and Devon apple cake, respectively from Dorset, Somerset and Devon in England. Besides in apple cake, apples are also used in other cake to strengthen the flavor of the cake, it’s including chocolate cake, where their water-retention can help a normally-dry cake to stay moist. In this case they are may be use either the dried apples or the fresh one.
Some of apple cakes are very popular in Poland they called it Jablecznik or Szarlotka. The cake is made from sweet crust pastry and spiced apple filling. It also can be topped with crumbles, meringue or just dusted with sugar powder. And today we bring the simple apple cake recipe that a lot easier to make, this recipe is goo especially for the young one or for beginners. We’re not gonna use cinnamon, raisins or nuts as it said in the original recipe. We’re just use the apples chunks but it’s still yummy, delicious and wonderfully rich of the taste.
Ingredients of How to Make Apple Cake:
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 4 Apples, peeled cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup of Milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Limoncello
Instructions of How to Make Apple Cake:
- First you can start the step by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then prepare a tube pans and grease it with butter well.
- In the large bowl cream butter, white sugar, lemon zest, egg and salt and whisk it until it’s become creamy and smooth. To whisk this batter you can use rubber spatula or wooden spoon, just make sure that you have a creamy batter as well.
- Once it’s done, add milk and lomoncello into the batter and whisk it together until you have smooth and nice mixture. Lemoncello used to strengthen the taste and gives a different fragrance to your cake.
- Next, pour the flour with baking powder and vanilla extract and mix it together until you get a good mixture and all the ingredients are combined together.
- After that, sprinkle the apples with about 3 tablespoon of flour and toss them to coat.
- Now, add the apples to the batter and fold them until it’s completely mixed together.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan and bake it for about one hour or until the cake is cooked well. Once it’s cooked, remove the cake from the oven and let the cake cool completely. Place it to a platter and dust it with powdered sugar. This actually optionally you can change the powdered sugar with whipped cream, icing, or anything you like.
Now, your apple cake is ready to be served, enjoy every special piece and share this joy with family or friends.
Don’t forget to share this special cake recipe with your friends and family and leave your comments down below.