Key lime cake is an American dessert made of the mix ingredients such as eggs, key lime juice, butter, flour, baking powder and baking soda also added with grated lemon rind to make strengthen the flavor.
This cake especially popular during summer and good to be served in special occasions such as birthday party, family gathering or enjoy as dessert.
The combination of batter and the key lime juice produce a good taste to the cake. When you bite the cake you will know the how pleasure of the cake is. And I think the best thing to describe the cake is when you enjoy them either with a cup of tea or coffee. The moist, dense and great texture of the cake will make you cannot stop and wanted it more and more. Moreover the glaze that placed on the top of the cake will make you cannot wait to get the cake soon.
And today I’m going to use a bundt pan to make my key lime cake. But if you are having trouble to get the bundt pan, don’t worry you can just use the regular pan or whatever pan you prefer. This cake is really easy to make and the ingredients are also very familiar so you just need to go to the market and get everything you need and listen carefully what the recipe are and just started to cook.
All you need to do to make the cake is just mixing the dry ingredients first, such as flour and baking powder and whisk it together until they are combined well and set the bowl aside. Next, in a bowl of your stand or hand mixer, cream together the butter and shortening over medium speed until all is creamy then gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed until it turns light and fluffy. Once you have done, add the eggs and beating it just until blended well.
Once you have a good consistency of your egg mixture, now time to pour the dry ingredient and beat it over low speed and alternately add the milk and beat it again until all the flour and milk mixed together. Add the lime juice, lime zest and vanilla extract beat again until everything is well combined. While you beat the batter after adding the lemon zest and vanilla extract, you may see the batter start curdling, but don’t worry, just keep beating it until smooth and nice.
Once you have done with the batter, now time to pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, smooth the top of the batter using a spatula or wooden spoon to flatten the surface and bake the cake just until it’s cooked well. Once your cake is done, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan. While your cake is on process to cool down, go ahead and make the glaze.
In a large measuring cup add powdered sugar, key lime juice and vanilla extract and start to whisk it together until smooth and you have a good consistency. Then invert the cake to a serving plate and pour the glaze all over the top of the cake and let the glaze drip down to the sides. Before serving, make sure to place the cake on the fridge to set the cake. And you are ready to serve your key lime pound cake.
That’s quite easy, isn’t it? Once you have all the ingredients all you need to do is just go to the kitchen and let’s go cooking. Just believe me this going to be so much easy and fun. So what are we waiting for? Let’s cook, shall we?
Preparation : minutes
Cooking : minutes
Total Time : minutes
Ingredients of How to Make Easy Bundt Key Lime Pound Cake from Scratch with Cream Lime Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- A small pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh Key Lime juice
Ingredients for Key Lime Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons Key Lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions of How to Make Easy Bundt Key Lime Pound Cake from Scratch with Cream Lime Frosting:
- You can start the first step by preheating the oven to 325 degrees and place the rack to the center of the oven and press the “Start” button to set the heat. Then spray a 10 inch of bundt pan using a non-stick cooking spray. But if you having trouble of finding the non-stick cooking spray you can just use the butter to grease the pan and dust it with flour evenly.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients such as flour and baking soda and using the wire whisk mix it until everything is well combined.
- In separate bowl of your hand mixer or stand mixer that fitted with paddle attachment whisk together butter and shortening over medium speed and with your mixer running gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs one at a time, beating them just until blended after each addition.
- Next, after you get a good mixture, turn off the mixer and add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk and repeat the process just until the milk and dry ingredients are mixed together well.
- After all mixed together, again turn off the mixer and add the lime juice, grated lemon zest, and vanilla extract, beating it over medium speed. You may see that the batter start curdling when you add the lemon juice and another 2 additions, but don’t worry just keep beating it just until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Once you have done with the batter, now slowly pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan, use the spatula to smooth the top and now bake the cake to the preheated oven for about 75-80 minutes or until you inserted the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Once your cake is done, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool in the pan and place it on the wire rack for about 10-15 minutes.
- While your cake is on process to cool down, you can go on and make the key lime glaze. In a large measuring cup add the powdered sugar, key lime juice and vanilla extract and whisk it together until smooth and you have a good consistency.
- Invert the cake on the serving plate and pour the glaze all over the top of the cake and let the glaze drip down to the sides.
Before serving, you better place the cake on the fridge to set the cake, or you may want to set it aside to room temperature just until the glaze is set.
Don’t forget to share and leave your comment below!