For this yellow cake the two moist layer of cake are stacked together and whipped with a smooth and creamy chocolate frosting.
This kind of cakes that I really love and I often serve this special cake with a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
We might wonder what is the difference between the yellow cake and white cake as you might found that both of cakes has the same flavor. But of course the difference are coming from the color. And what makes the yellow cake has its yellow color is from using just egg yolks (not the egg whites) in the batter. The cake batter is made using the ‘creaming’ method where the butter and sugar are beaten together first and then followed by adding the egg yolks, also with the milk and the flour. Make sure that you have butter, milk and the egg yolks at room temperature. And also here we’re using sifted cake flour, which means you have to sift the pour first before you pouring it to the batter.
The cake flour that I use today is the wheat flour with lower protein content than all the purpose flour. The reason I prefer to use this type of flour is that the cake flour can produce a cake with a soft and tender crumb. But if you find hard to get the cake flour you can substitute this sifted cake flour with 255 grams of sifted all purpose flour plus 45 grams of corn flour.
Then, after you finished bake your cake and it’s completely cooled. We’re going to add some frosting on the top of the cake with a delicious melted chocolate. This chocolate frosting has the same ingredients as I usually make the frosting batter. It made with butter, vanilla extract and unsweetened chocolate and sugar powder and mix all together until you get a nice and smooth mixture. Once you have done with the frosting mixture and your cake is cooled go on and continue to pour it all over the top of the cake and let the melted chocolate melted to the sides-down of the cake. I particular love this frosting because it has a deep flavor of the chocolate and it’s also not overly sweet. Because it’s made with unsweetened chocolate which is also known as plain, baking or bitter chocolate. This chocolate doesn’t contain sugar, so t has a strong and bitter taste.
You cake served this cake as a yummy and special dessert that can be enjoyed along with family members, friends or companions. Or if you prefer, you can make this cake as a birthday cake for your brother.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy and Moist Yellow Cake:
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup milk (full fat or reduced fat)
Ingredients of How to Make Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions of How to Make Easy and Moist Yellow Cake:
- Fist you can start the step by preheating your oven to 325 degrees F and press the ‘start’ button the set the heat on. Then, grease or line the two 9×2 inch cake pans using butter and flour or you can just spray them using a non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt, make sure that all the ingredients is mixed well.
- 3. In your bowl of your electric mixer or hand mixer, beat the butter until it’s soft and creamy for about 1-2 minutes. Then gradually add the sugar and beat them on until the mixture is smooth and fluffy for about 3-5 minutes. Once you have done beat the butter mixture, add the egg yolks, in two batches and again beat them well after each addition. And add vanilla extract beat them again until they combined well.
- 4. Next, with the mixer on the low speed, alternately add the milk mixture and flour mixture, and starting and ending with the flour keep you mixer running to whisk the recent ingredients that you just pour them in.
- 5. Now, it’s time to pour the batter into the prepared pans. Divide the batter between the two pans, and smooth the top just to make sure that you get flat surface of you batter using your spatula. Bake it for about 15-18 minutes or until you when you insert a toothpick at the center of the cake it comes out clean and the cake spring back when you pressed them lightly.
- 6. Once your cake is cooked, remove t from the oven and place it on the wire rack to cool in their pans for about 10 minutes. Then invert the cake onto a greased rack. To prevent racks on the, re-invert cakes so the top are right side up. Let your cake cool completely before we add frosting on the top of the cake.
- 7. Here’s to make the chocolate frosting. First melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Once it’s done, remove it from the heat and bring it to room temperature. In a bowl of your electric mixer beat the butter until its smooth and creamy, it might take about 1-2 minutes to make the butter really creamy so keep beat it on. Add the sugar and beat it until its smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and chocolate melted beat them on low speed until they incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy.
- 8. Once your cake cooled, place the cake layer on a serving plate and spread the chocolate frosting about 3/4 cup on the top of the cake. Place the other cake layer on the top of frosting and cover the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
And now you’re ready to serve this special yellow cake with chocolate frosting to your family.
If you like this cake recipe, don’t forget to share and let me know what you think on the comment box below!