It’s moist, dense and soft dessert cake that everyone loves.
The cake also full of flavor and keeps fresh for days, thanks to the pumpkin puree and oil (corn, vegetable, light oil or canola) oil. The best serve of this cake is when it’s cold and little bit freeze from the fridge. Moreover, if it covered with the melted chocolate all over the top of the cake is completely delicious, mixture of semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate with enough butter, brandy and corn syrup to make it flow easy over the cake. And today I like to make the chocolate glaze first the day before serving, so the flavor of the chocolate glaze and the cake have time to mingle and soften.
In this recipe I use canned pumpkin puree here, as I find it almost as good as fresh. But if you want to make your own puree, I suggest you to use smaller pumpkin types like, Baby Bear, Sugar Pie, or maybe Cheese Pumpkin. It’s quite easy to make the pumpkin puree, you just need to cut in half the lengthwise, remove seed and stingy fibers, and then place the cut-side down on a greased baking sheet. And bake it at 350 degrees F for about 45 or depending on the size of your pumpkin or until the pumpkin easily to pierce with a knife. Then, go on scoop out the pulp and puree in a food processor until its smooth. To extract all the liquid, strain through a cheesecloth line strainer. Before use this puree, you need to cool it first. And you will need 2 cups for this pumpkin cake.
You can make this cake as a special gift for your mother, family or best friends in Halloween or maybe in their birthday. This special cake would be a special gift in their special day. In this recipe that we show you today, we’re going to make a pumpkin cake using a bundt pan, this make the cake look prettier. But if you’re using dark colored bundt pan, we suggest you to reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees, because they absorb more energy coming from the wall of the pans so they would be hotter and sending the heat faster than the light colored pans.
And there’re a few notes on ingredients. One ingredient called for in this recipe that you may not be familiar with, it is wheat bran. It adds coarse flaky texture and a mild taste to this cake. Wheat bran is the outer layer of the wheat kernel and even when ground it s not considered a flour but fiber. You can found this at grocery store.
Ingredients of How to Make Pumpkin Cake:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups or 1-15 ounce can pure pumpkin (pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup oil (canola, corn, or safflower oil or other flavorless)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or mini chocolate chips
Ingredients of How to Make Chocolate Glaze:
- 6 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon brandy (opti
Instructions of How to Make Pumpkin Cake:
- 1. First, set your oven to 350 degrees and press the start button, then place the rack in the center of the oven. Spray with a non stick cooking spray a 10 inch of bundt pan.
- 2. In a bowl of your stand or electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, oil and sugar until it’s fluffy and smooth. It is take about 1-2 minutes. Then add the pumpkin puree and beat until incorporated.
- 3. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, wheat bran, salt and the spices. And add this flour mixture to the pumpkin batter in your bowl mixer beat it until it’s incorporated. Stir in the nuts.
- 4. Once you have done with the previous step, go on and pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake it for about 50-60 minutes or until you insert the toothpick and it comes out clean.
- 5. After your cake is cooked well, remove it from the oven and place the cake on the wire rack and let juts the cake cool for about 10 minutes or more. Once it’s cooled remove it from the pan and invert it from the pan. Cool it completely before we add some frosting on the top of the cake.
- 6. Here’s how to make the chocolate frosting: In a stainless steel bowl, placed over a saucepan of simmering water and melt and whisk together butter, semi sweet chocolate and add the light corn syrup. Remove it from the heat and add the brandy. Let it cool and bring it to room temperature. Once your cake done and the chocolate glaze is cooled. You can start assemble the cake by pouring the chocolate glaze all over the top of the cake and let it drips to the sides down the cake. If the cake is not immediately serve, refrigerate it first for about 2-3 hours just to make the chocolate glaze frozen and easy to cut.
Now, you can serve this special pumpkin cake with chocolate glaze to your family or friends or you may want to enjoy it by yourself.
If you like this cakes recipe, don’t forget to share it and leave your comments down below!