First time when you saw this cake you can see why it was so popular.
It is lovely with sticky caramelized and slices of the sweet pineapple that set beautiful on the top of a cake. A much better way to serves the pineapple upside down cake is while they are still warm from the oven, it is also good served with or without frosting or icing on the top of the cake.
When I set out to make the pineapple upside down cake, I was thinking about my sister’s friend. Her pineapple cake had pineapple slices with circle shape and the hole in the center also served with a cherry in each center. But then I came across my mother’s recipe, where she used fresh pineapple, and I decided it was time to update the classic.
Pineapple upside down cake starts with melting butter that placed on the pan along with the brown sugar and start to mix it a little bit until they becomes nice and caramelized. Then place the cut pineapple on the pan and just set aside. And continue to make the cake batter, once you have done with the cake batter, then pour the batter into the pan and bake it to the oven. After your cake is cooked well, let it cool first then invert it onto a serving plate and you can add some pineapple slice on the top of the cake. And I love to serve this special cake while it’s still warm with a nice dollop of whipped cream.
Ingredients of How to Make Easy and Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- 1 1/3 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Cup of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 4 slices of canned pineapple or fresh Pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon of Water
- Maraschino Cherries
Instructions of How to Make Easy and Fresh Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- First, you can start the step by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Then spray the 9 inch cake pan with non stick cooking spray. But if you find hard to get the cooking spray, you can grease the cake pan using butter and spray a little enough of the flour. Greasing the cake pan before it used is to make the cake not to stick to the pan and make it hard to pull out from the cake pan. So make sure that you greased the cake pan first and set aside.
- Place the 2 tablespoon of butter in the cake pan and place it to the oven until the butter melts completely, it may take about 1-2 minutes to get the melted butter.
- Once your butter is melted, remove t from the oven and place it on the counter. Be careful your cake pan could be so hot when you just removed it from the oven, so make sure that you’re using the safety stuff such as dish towel or some kind of it.
- Add the brown sugar to the melted butter on the cake pan along with water and mix it together. And place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture and arrange the maraschino cherries all around. Set aside and now we are going to make the cake batter.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. You don’t need the mixer or any machine to mix this batter together, just use you wire whisk then mix it together until the sugar and butter are mixed well. Then add the sour cream, little bit of vanilla extract and egg then whisk it together well until the batter is smooth and nice. Add the flour, salt and, baking powder mix them just until everything is mixed well.
- Once you have done with the batter, now it’s time to pour the batter into the cake pan. Pour the batter right above the pineapple slices and using your spatula smooth the top to flatten the surface. And bake the cake for about 35 minutes or until when you inserted the toothpick in the center of the cake it comes out clean and the cake springs back when you press it slightly.
- Once your cake is cooked well, carefully remove it from the oven and place it in the wire rack and let the cake cools in their pan for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, now it is time to invert the cake onto a serving plate. Your cake is yet cool completely, it needs about 30 minutes to make the cake really cool so just let it be. After 30 minutes, you can add the frosting on the top of the cake or you may want to add some vanilla ice cream it’s totally good.
And that is it a pineapple upside down cake. So you know, after you watching this pineapple upside down cake, you probably thinking “that’s it? That’s how you make pineapple upside down cake?” and guess what? It is. And now, get your kitchen, have all the ingredients and get ready to make this easy and special cake recipe.
If you like this cake recipe, don’t forget to share and let me know what you think on the comment box below!