This is the sweet and beautiful dessert that I really love.
The yellow batter mixed with the blueberries ball makes it look so pretty and yummy. Especially when the cake is caked and cooked well, when you cut the cake while it still warm from the oven you will se the chewy and melted blueberry down to the sides of the cake.
Blueberries are native to North America which this means if you are living right the place you maybe able to pick your own. For the rest of us there are cultivated berries that are much larger in sized and lighter in color that the wild blueberries. Both types of blueberries are very sweet whit just a touch of tartness. Sometimes, when we eat the berries the taste isn’t really good, it’s so sour, too doormats and bla bla bla. But if we take a look for the benefit health, berries has many benefit that are really good for your body, such as high in potassium, rich in antioxidants and also low in sodium. There are good tips for you when you are buying blueberries, look for firm, fragrant, plump, dark blue berries with a dusty white bloom. The white bloom is the blueberry’s natural protection against the sun and is a sign of freshness. It’s really good when you mix the batter with the fresh blueberries, the benefit health from the blueberries will so good to your body.
There are many variation of blueberry cake, and today I would like to give a different taste to the cake by adding the almond on the top of the batter and bake it so the almond and the cake would be coalesce and become a delicious cake with crunchy almond on the top. I also use the fluted tart pan, but if don’t have a tart pan, not to worry you can make this recipe in regular cake pan, a spring form pan, or even turns them into muffins.
This is really simple and easy cake to make, all you need to do is get all the ingredients and get ready for the step. First thing you have to is spray or grease the pan and go on make the cake batter. Mix together the melted butter, oil and sugar and whisk it all together. I do like to mix the two fats because the butter is gonna give a great flavor and the pure fat in the form of oil and give us a great and super moist texture. Then go on and add the eggs and almond extract and whisk it up until you get a smooth texture and just set aside. In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and pour it into the eggs mixture and stir it well. Then add the fresh blueberries whisk it again and pour it into the prepared pan, finally add the slice almond on the top and bake it.
That’s super easy and really quick step, so wait for what else, let’s just go to the kitchen and I’ll show you how to make it.
Ingredients of How to Make Best and Easy Blueberry Almond Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 6 ounce fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoon of powdered sugar (garnish)
Instructions of How to Make Best and Easy Blueberry Almond Cake:
- First thing you have to do to start the step is preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. And grease or spray a 10 inch tart pan using the cooking spray. I’d like to go over it with a pastry brush after, just to make sure that all the baking spray is cover the pans all over the corner and just set it aside.
- Now, we are going to make the cake batter. In a large mixing bowl, pour the melted butter along with the oil either the canola oil or vegetable oil just mix it together and gradually add the sugar, using the wire whisk stir it together until it’s combined well.
- Once you have done mixing the butter mixture, go on and add the eggs and whisk it up and don’t forget to pour the almond extract to strengthen the cake flavor, also add the water again whisk it up until it’s nice and combined then just set aside.
- In a small bowl, we are gonna mix the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder and salt. Once you have done mixed it up, just pour this ingredient into the wet ingredient and stir it again until they are mixed together well.
- Next, after your batter is well combined, add the fresh blueberries and gently fold them until the blueberries and batter mixed well.
- Now, it’s time to pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use your spatula to smooth the top of the batter to flatten the surface, add the almond sliced over the top. And bake it to the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the cake is golden brown or until you inserted the toothpick and it comes out clean and the cake spring back when you pres them slightly.
- Once the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let the cake cool in their pans and after it’s cooled invert it into serving plate and let the cake cool completely before serving or add some frosting.
- I’d like to dust the top of the cake once the cake is cooled to room temperature with powdered sugar just to make the cake looks prettier.
You can also add another topping such as whipped cream, cream cheese, melted chocolate or any other frosting you like. Just feel free to do whatever you want.
Share this special cake recipe with all the family or friends and don’t forget to leave your comment below!