You can’t have a good night’s sleep when your bedroom is dirty and messy. The bedding, pieces of furniture, and decor items inside the room really need some deep-cleaning steps eventually.
Here, we share with you a simple bedroom deep cleaning guide that you can follow easily to get the job done in no time.
Bedroom Deep Cleaning
Grab these supplies:
- Duster or damp cloth
- Laundry detergent
- Commercial upholstery detergent
Follow the steps below:
You can’t deep clean your bedroom with a lot of stuff scattered here and there. Therefore, let’s start by tidying up everything. Store your items in their proper places, toss the dirty laundry into the hamper, and throw away the trash.
Handle the bed
Once the room is quite neat, let’s deal with the elephant of the room, the bedding.
- Remove every single linen from the bed which includes sheets, quilts, duvet covers, throws, pillowcases, and others.
- Check the label of each linen and if it’s machine-washable, you can put them in the laundry. The other linens that are not machine-washable can be done with hand-washing or dry-cleaner. Hand-washing is easy and you can get done all by yourself but for dry-cleaning, asking helps from pros is always a wiser idea.
- If you have washed the linens recently or simply don’t feel like putting a lot of elbow grease, you can bring the linens outside and shake the dust and debris off. Another alternative is to use the upholstery cleaner to clean particular spots.
- Now your bed is ‘naked’ and it’s time to clean the mattress. You can start by vacuuming the entire mattress and use the upholstery cleaner again to clean the spots.
- Make sure that you flip the mattress over.
Clean up the decor items
Dust is every decor item’s enemy and you can’t skip cleaning them up when it comes to bedroom deep cleaning. You can either use a duster or a damp cloth to dust them. Besides those decorative item, don’t forget to clean the crown molding, ceiling fabs, and air vents which are frequently overlooked.
(Read also: How to Deep Clean Kitchen Appliances | DIY Home Care)
Check other upholstered stuff
If you have other pieces of furniture which are upholstered, take off the cushions and shake the dust off outside. Clean the inside of the furniture by using vacuum and treat the stains with upholstery cleaner.
Check the storage stations
If you are happy with the way your shelves, dresser, and bedside table are now, you don’t have to empty them out and rearrange everything. You just have to clean up the surface with a duster or dump cloth.
Reducing the numbers of your items is always a wise idea when your storage stations are a little bit crowded. You can either donate or sell the unused items to the flea markets.
Clean the floors
The last step of this bedroom deep cleaning guide is to sweep and mop the flooring. Of course, make your bed and put everything back together again once you are done.