This cake is really divine! The taste is so good, moist, sweet and so lovely. Honey bun cake can be served in various events, either family gathering, reunions and many more. In addition, there is a something unique of making this cake. Honey bun cake does not use a mixer or machine to mix the cake ingredients into a soft dough. But, it still generated texture of this cake was so tender and delicious when eaten. It’s really simple and so easy to make when you get all the ingredients.
All you need to do to make this cake is just mixing the ingredients into a medium bowl they are cake mix, eggs, and oil. There’s no need an electric mixer or any machine, you can just use your arm and a spoon and go on to stir the batter using your arm until you all the ingredients is well combined. Once you have done, add the sour cream and gently fold them until the sour cream and batter is mixed well. Keep mixing the batter until you get the nice, smooth and fluffy texture. In another bowl, take the brown sugar and using your hand just mix the brown sugar until it’s become smooth and add the cinnamon, mix it up.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Sugar Powder
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp Milk
- Prepare a baking dish and spray it with a non stick cooking spray or if you found hard to get the cooking spray you can just grease your baking dish with butter
Add a little bit of flour just make sure that all the surface of the baking dish is covered with the flour
Pour the half of your batter into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle half of brown sugar all over the top of your batter
pour the remaining batter along with the remaining brown sugar and bake the cake to the oven until it is cooked well.
- Mix together the powder sugar, milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl, keep stirring it just until you get a smooth and nice texture
Remove it from the oven and let the cake cools on the baking dish
Pour the frosting all over the top of your cake and using the back of your spoon or using a spatula smooth the surface just to make sure that all the frosting is distributed well
- Preheating the oven to 325 degrees F and grease a 9 inch of baking dish with a non stick cooking spray or you can also grease it with butter all over the bottom to the sides of baking dish
Add a little bit of flour just to cover the baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl place together the ingredients such as yellow cake mix, oil and also with the eggs
- using a spoon or spatula or maybe a wire whisk, whisk it up until all the ingredients are mixed well. Once you have a good consistency of your batter, now pour the sour cream and gently fold them until they are well combined. Keep whisk your batter until you get a nice and fluffy texture.
- Then in another bowl, take the brown sugar and smooth it using your hand just until all is smooth together, add the cinnamon and whisk it up again.
- Pour a half of your batter and using the back of your spoon smooth the top to flatten the surface and sprinkle the brown sugar all over the top, make sure that all the brown sugar is well distributed.
- Pour the remaining batter along with the remaining sugar on the top of your batter (do the same you did on the first batter).
- Bake the cake to the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until your cake is cooked and test it by inserting the toothpick to the center of the cake and it comes out clean and the cake is spring back when you press it slightly.
- While your cake is baking, go on and continue the step by making the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, pour the sugar powder add milk and vanilla extract and stir it until you get a smooth and nice consistency of your frosting.
- Once your cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and let the cake cools on the baking dish. You can place the cake on the wire rack to help it cool faster and bring the cake to room temperature.
- Here’s we come to the final step. Using a spoon, pour the white frosting all over the top of the cake and make sure that the frosting is well distributed all over the top of the cake, then to flatten the frosting to the cake, use the back of the spoon and smooth it well.
If you like this cake recipe, don’t forget to share this and let me know what you think in the comment box below!